Anybody else have a obsession with engines?

joshua. c.

I have a bunch of engines because they are useful. It never hearts to have choices when a project comes along. I'm very good at working on small engines. I can fix pretty much any issue I come across within reason. I do love the feeling of solving a problem and successfully firing the engine up afterwords. I but I don't normally have more than one spare of the same engine, the chances of needing 2 of the same at the same time are slim. also I only buy engines I can modify with billet rods, billet flywheels and reground cams and I try to only buy the highest horsepower of a specific block size. I don't see the point of buying an engine to put in a mini bike or go kart that is built to be a weaker version of a stronger engine. the more power the better.

All I have is flatheads now.
3 Briggs 4 Tecs
All the Briggs are external coil
3 Tecs are points, 1 is external coil.
Had an OHH50 but gave it back to my dad.

I like the simplicity of the flatheads, and the look of them. They are really good performers with the right modifications imho. And can fit in tighter spaces a lot of times.

As far as needing 2 of the same engines at the same time, I have 2 Blockzillas (only one is running right now) but I had an idea of running a drag byke with 2 Blockzilla engines and call it “Block Party” lmfao

old shed finds

3 Briggs 4 Tecs

I like the simplicity of the flatheads, and the look of them. They are really good performers with the right modifications imho. And can fit in tighter spaces a lot of times.

As far as needing 2 of the same engines at the same time, I have 2 Blockzillas (only one is running right now) but I had an idea of running a drag byke with 2 Blockzilla engines and call it “Block Party” lmfao
Sounds fun and fast...

3 Briggs 4 Tecs

block party. good one.

cfh

I do my motors differently now, but this is a picture of when i started out. All Tecumseh, all the time. I don't do briggs.

These were all snowblower motors at one time. where the oil sticker is on the blower housing face is because there was a primer bulb on those motors originally. Now i fill weld the hole and make it go away, so i don't put the oil sticker on the front. Also on the HSSK50 motors with the 'cyclone' pull start, i change the blower housing to the old style 4 leg starter format. Gives it a more vintage look...