anyone ever ship a trike body?

incogrhino

Just wondering if and what is the best way to get a trike body across country. Mudbug73 is in need.....and I happen to have a mud bug body in my stash. My biggest reservation is it meeting it's death on the trip. I know we got some ninja packers on here. Any suggestions? Uship?

I am sure I lead the pack on shipping Trikes, I sent one box that had two Tri-Sports frames and their bodies 2 complete front ends about 6 tires and 6 expansion chambers, in a plywood crate that I built and it weighed in at 1200 pounds. Went by Forward Air from Portland Or to Saint Lewis , Mo. And I built a crate and sent the same buyer my Blue RTS-SL Trike. I shipped a Rupp Centaur 2 seat Trike in a big crate from Portland to a buyer in upstate New York on Lake Erie. I have a Rupp Centaur fiberglass body only that needs a home.
Steve

we often use greyhound package express ,, very reasonable ..ive received many go karts threw greyhound ..last one was 126.00 from state of washington to ny .. 4 days only ..

I have never used them,,but have heard good comments about shipping thru Fastenal. They have their own trucks that circle the U.S. Delivering to all their branch locations. You simple drop off (crated) to the local branch and buyer picks up at his/her local branch.