anyone ever use a gearbox on a mini?

I was wanting to know if anybody has ever used a gearbox from a Triumph Pre Unit on a mini bike? My dad has road British bikes my whole life, and I was thinking of the pre unit gearbox, they are left hand shift and small in size. Maybe, I could use a Norton or BSA as well. I know my dad has some spare parts around and think it would be cool to adapt one.

Motra

The Mustang bikes came with Burman transmissions from the factory. On the Trail Machines they were linked to a Briggs engine and on their road models they used their own engine.

Good input, I will have to check that out. I was thinking of using a 11 horse briggs I have. I know I would have to mod the crank shaft end to fit a sproket and maybe cut down the length of the shaft.

I have a cushman eagle with a bsa 4 speed, has clutch hooked up to foot pedal, shifter to tank .I don't have the husky motor, got a wisconsin, now have kick start.It's not a mini, but i think it could work.click on view my photos to see, I haven't got that figgered out yet

Last edited:
I have a cushman eagle with a bsa 4 speed, has clutch hooked up to foot pedal, shifter to tank .I don't have the husky motor, got a wisconsin, now have kick start.It's not a mini, but i think it could work.click on view my photos to see, I haven't got that figgered out yet
Thanks Super that's what I want. Is it a BSA A10 Trans? Wow, definatly post some good pics of that.:thumbsup:

I think that is what it is, I was at a motorsickle swap meet lookin for a cushman 2 speed when i spotted the bsa tranny.I looked it over, doin mental calulations, he said 40 bucks and I tore my pocket off gittin my money out.