Anyone got ideas?

So in my last thread I asked for help with the suspension and I’ve realized that it’s kind of far gone and even if I did get the mounts to fit it’s still scratchy and not what I’m going for. I may get some comments on what I plan to do here but I was wondering if anyone would know where I could get some lower fork arms around 20” long with a diameter of 1” with spring suspension and 5/8” axle holes. I’m aware that this is very specific but I can’t find anything anywhere, good chance they don’t exist. But might as well give it a shot, I’ve included some pictures of the bike and the old suspension.

Attachments

I posted a photo in your other thread on how Cat did it. I also built a set of forks recently on a build a documented here that mimicked that set up. You already have the tree. You can find the compression spring retainers on OldMiniBikes Warehouse for a decent price, and set those up on your lower legs to get the height and suspension you want.

Or, you can go with a pit bike, or a Yamaha PW set by removing and replacing your neck, and I think the guys were talking about some Doodlebug or Baja front ends they sell after market that work. @chipper I think just did a set on a bike.

I posted a photo in your other thread on how Cat did it. I also built a set of forks recently on a build a documented here that mimicked that set up. You already have the tree. You can find the compression spring retainers on OldMiniBikes Warehouse for a decent price, and set those up on your lower legs to get the height and suspension you want.

Or, you can go with a pit bike, or a Yamaha PW set by removing and replacing your neck, and I think the guys were talking about some Doodlebug or Baja front ends they sell after market that work. @chipper I think just did a set on a bike.
You think pw lowers would work? I’d have to bore out the axle holes but if the tubes are 1” they should slide right in

I’m wondering if there’s enough material on the pw forks to be drilled out to 5/8, it’d probably be cutting it close and might be a little sketch

There have been a lot of front ends built over the years, including using various pit bike, and as I said, the PW front end. I have made my own, but never used those. If I were to take on that project, I'd work towards building a new neck on my frame, so I could use the Timken type of tapered bearings, and the OEM PW or pit bike trees.

I recommend making a new thread asking for "front end" help that will garner some interest and help/ideas, as this thread doesn't specify what you asking for help on. There are folks here who have done this.

There have been a lot of front ends built over the years, including using various pit bike, and as I said, the PW front end. I have made my own, but never used those. If I were to take on that project, I'd work towards building a new neck on my frame, so I could use the Timken type of tapered bearings, and the OEM PW or pit bike trees.

I recommend making a new thread asking for "front end" help that will garner some interest and help/ideas, as this thread doesn't specify what you asking for help on. There are folks here who have done this.
Yeah just an expensive path to go down, I really wish there was a way to salvage the current setup but I don’t see any way

I have used PW 80 forks with 1/2" axle and wheel bearings as I didn't want to remove too much meat but truthfully I think you could drill them out to 5/8" but why ? 1/2" bearings are readily accessible if you are using some sort of vintage wheel . I have made my own trees from steel plate and have a very nice set of aluminum trees from Lscustoms but in both cases have used standard mini bike bushing style neck tube with no issue !

I have used PW 80 forks with 1/2" axle and wheel bearings as I didn't want to remove too much meat but truthfully I think you could drill them out to 5/8" but why ? 1/2" bearings are readily accessible if you are using some sort of vintage wheel . I have made my own trees from steel plate and have a very nice set of aluminum trees from Lscustoms but in both cases have used standard mini bike bushing style neck tube with no issue !
I just happen to have some nice wheels on hand that I’d really like to use for my project but the bearings are 5/8 so I decided I’m gonna go with them, just a little frame modification and drilling out to 5/8 on the forks