Anyone have a mega moto 212?

it's too bad another US manufacturer bit the dust. when i had my little retail shop in alexandria bay, ny
open and running i sold lots of the mb80's and the smaller electric jobs. brown boonies grandson
"mushroom" won a mb80 last year at the2018 NNY minibike fest. the factory was a pleasure to work with,
they worked with small retailers like me to get their products out. they had the best shipping terms
you could ask for.

:scooter:

Hello. 1st timer here. I just bought (2)--- mb-m212's. Not the pro as they aren't avail at a reasonable rate right now. I got the wally ones @479ea. Seems fair to me as I want big wheel/disc brake/ and space for predator if I blow up the Lifan.
I've been doing a ton of reading and watching youtube videos. These will be for a family of 5 10,13,20 and 2 adults. We sold off our high performance power sports items years ago and it is very exciting to get back into it via mini bikes. I hope to teach my 2 younger ones all about engines with these. Personally i'm 6'1" and 300 lbs so i highly doubt ill do any riding. :(
Few questions;
1. Cant I just call or message go power for any mods needed? I see a lot of people chasing something as simple as an exhaust for this Lifan.
2. we have rocky trail riding here, so will I be better off going CVT. lots of stop and go with low end needed. My kids don't need to go 60mph, but will be trying to climb culm banks im sure.
3. Im trying to understand the sprocket and chain lingo, Would someone be so kind as to just tell me what to get to increase low end but not totally kill top end? ie what sprocket and tooth count and what chain will be needed.
4. Can I remove the governor gear without having the 18lb valve springs installed? So as not to float the valves. Wouldn't that only happen at WOT?
5. Can I just use a new jet for carb or will I need the new ?##mm carb itself to allow more fuel/air?

Thanks in advance!

I'm the guy who designed the 212. Getting the handling right was my first priority. Compare the Coleman CT200U and the 212 and you'll see how bad the CT handles. The original 212 design, (Originally the MM-B212 now the 212 PRO) uses 34mm tubing for the main frame, (mostly a design choice than a strength or durability choice), and has a headlight, CVT, front suspension, and front and rear hydraulic disc brakes. The rigid rear was used to keep costs and complexity down. The large tires with 10psi help to absorb the bumps. The second version was done for Walmart. It uses 25mm tubing, rigid front fork, rear hydraulic disc brake, and a centrifugal clutch with an automatic chain tensioner. The third version, (Mega Max 212) was done for other mass retailers and was similar to the Walmart version but has front suspension. As for the 212cc Lifan engine, Lifan rates them at 7.5hp. Their earlier 212cc engines were rated at 7.0hp but Lifan came up with a new head design and a rating of 7.5hp. We used the 7.5hp engines in all of the 212's.
Getting back to the frame design, I made it so the tooling for the rigid rear design could be simply modified for a rear suspension model to be produced later possibly for non mass-retailer businesses. However, don't hold your breath for a rear suspension model.

Hi, I just joined. The minibike bug has bitten me again and it's time to get back in. Years ago I had an entire garage of Rupps, Speedways and a Fox or two. Can't get these anymore for a decent price. I've decided to pick up a Mega Moto 212 but when I called the number they were no longer in business. Question 1, Do you know if these will ever become available anymore? You mention converting to rear suspension, What would be your recommended approach to this just in the event I can get my hands on the 212? Thank you

Hi, I just joined. The minibike bug has bitten me again and it's time to get back in. Years ago I had an entire garage of Rupps, Speedways and a Fox or two. Can't get these anymore for a decent price. I've decided to pick up a Mega Moto 212 but when I called the number they were no longer in business. Question 1, Do you know if these will ever become available anymore? You mention converting to rear suspension, What would be your recommended approach to this just in the event I can get my hands on the 212? Thank you
Hello and welcome!

https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/mega-moto-whats-going-on.166237/

https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/...-go-power-sports-bought-out-mega-moto.166690/

https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/mega-moto-news.166772/

GPS sells an MM-B212 roller kit (no engine) but they are currently out of stock.

https://www.gopowersports.com/mega-moto-212cc-mini-bike-kit/

Last edited:

DaddyJohn

Now, the best two choices currently on the market (for a full-sized mini) seem to be the higher-dollar MB200 Trailmaster, or the cheaper Coleman BT200X. You'll see them out of stock a lot though.