Anyone here a vintage engine hoarder?

I have a original 5 hp Tecumseh that is off my Heald VT2 minibike and needs some TLC. The corner of the base of the engine is broken off. Can that be reattached? 20171009_131557.jpg
20201011_105046.jpg 20210120_172007.jpg 20171009_131454.jpg

Fourtogo

Collecting Mmmm. gasping you last breath , our pile junk to a whole bunch folks won’t change still a pile of old stuff . I don’t get attached to anything, it just have right price and it’s your . If can help others or they can help me its all good . It’s only way a hobby becomes a bigger hobby . sharing what you really absolutely don’t have keep . I have very good buddy going through a awesome collection of stuff his Dad collected . Now its keep give toss piles for him , and he knows value of this stuff . He has a pile neat things I am interested in , for me to come and get . I have seen time after time .

race

Thumpers .... pah! Gimme some smokers! Whoever is hogging the Benders and Macs, bust 'em out.

I could always use a clean 101-B.

BTW - US Motor Power finally responded to my Facebook message to them ... after months! Back in early December they replied they would be open in a few weeks. I see their website is back up. Anyone tried to reach them?

desert rat

Collecting Mmmm. gasping you last breath , our pile junk to a whole bunch folks won’t change still a pile of old stuff . I don’t get attached to anything, it just have right price and it’s your . If can help others or they can help me its all good . It’s only way a hobby becomes a bigger hobby . sharing what you really absolutely don’t have keep . I have very good buddy going through a awesome collection of stuff his Dad collected . Now its keep give toss piles for him , and he knows value of this stuff . He has a pile neat things I am interested in , for me to come and get . I have seen time after time .
I can be in the Long beach area in 2.5 hours with a truck for any of the motor parts that he thinks is scrap or "not of value". He may have the part that I need for my late 50s early 60s rehab. I have already run into problems finding missing parts. I can trade hauling junk off to the scrap yard or land fill to help out. I still have my house down there so I could spend a day or so hauling.

desert rat

I have a original 5 hp Tecumseh that is off my Heald VT2 minibike and needs some TLC. The corner of the base of the engine is broken off. Can that be reattached? View attachment 274160
View attachment 274157 View attachment 274158 View attachment 274159
It can be welded back on if you still have it. A good welder is about $75.00 -$100.00 an hour so the prep work would be on you. Find a welder and have them tell you what they want the prep to look like, no prep not a good welder go elsewhere.

It can be welded back on if you still have it. A good welder is about $75.00 -$100.00 an hour so the prep work would be on you. Find a welder and have them tell you what they want the prep to look like, no prep not a good welder go elsewhere.
Thanks!
Where can I find a exhaust muffler and gasket for this 5hp HS50-67007 Tecumseh engine?

desert rat

2 more followed me home...the tecumseh is kinda cool....prototype
That prototype was probably a pony motor. So you got a motor that got away from two manufactures so clean carefully and rat hole that baby away you will not find another one. The other one is way cool too.

DaddyJohn

I’m not sure I consider myself a small engine hoarder, but I do tend to keep an eye out for cheap, defunct snowblowers, pressure washers, etc. as engine donors for mini bike projects, present and future. So I do collect quite a few, but they aren’t generally the collectible type, and usually end-up repowering something at some point.