Anyone Into Fox Body Mustangs?

Preferably pre '87 (i'm biased), but anything to '93 will work.
Heres mine right now in the middle of a five lug conversion. 1985 GT 5.0 5 Speed.

I had this one about 13 years ago. It was an '89 and had a bunch of suspension stuff done to it and was probably one of the more fun cars I've had. I used to love playing with street bikes in the twisties.

Yes, digital cameras sucked back then.

joekd

I haven't had a fox in like a decade, I'm a modular SN95 guy now :)

My last fox was an my 89.5 LX 5.0 (89.5 for anniversary edition which meant I had the 140 speedo and a little dash plaque) Modifications include: 3.55 Ford Motorsport Gears, Thrush CVX Mufflers, Hurst CompPro shifter, Ported and polished intake to 71MM, Billet 70MM Throttle Body, Accel Ignition, Electric Fan conversion, K&N cone air filter, Manley high volume oil pump, Hooker Headers.

Last edited:

45t

I've been in the search for one (5.0 LX 89-93). The later model GT's are nice but I'm not much on the ground effects. I like the simplicity of the LX body with the 5.0 power plant.

I've been very picky becuase I want a clean unmolested LX and it has been hard to find. All the ones I come across have been abused or rusted out.

Someday I find the right one.

Now that's a car Very Nice , I had a 1968 Fastback GT w/390 4 speed , also had several 428's in the car plus the car also had several 390's plus other motors . One thing about a Ford motor is you can make them run just not very long as they just will not hold together like a GM will . I drive both brands today , Chevy's for work and Rangers for play .

fox bodys are yucky and gross give me a fast back any day or better yet a nice chevy camaro
I have to agree that what most people (in my area anyway) do to foxes is gross. They get a bad rap because of the people who drive them. After all they are a cheap and powerful car. I love classic fastbacks, 1st gen. Camaro's (Maybe a split bumper 70 :wink: ), REAL hot rods, Kustoms, but being a 17 y/o with a minimal income it is hard to afford what I really want.

I had this one about 13 years ago. It was an '89 and had a bunch of suspension stuff done to it and was probably one of the more fun cars I've had. I used to love playing with street bikes in the twisties.

Yes, digital cameras sucked back then.

Im putting my money towards suspension right now as well. Id love to build a mild stroker for it, but smog sucks... Didn't you say something about an SVO in one of the other threads going on around here?

I've been very picky becuase I want a clean unmolested LX and it has been hard to find. All the ones I come across have been abused or rusted out.

Someday I find the right one.
This was my dilema as well. My car has horrible paint, but otherwise was super clean and unmolested. Its a rust free CA car, clean interior, stock engine, just kinda ugly for the time being.

Im putting my money towards suspension right now as well. Id love to build a mild stroker for it, but smog sucks... Didn't you say something about an SVO in one of the other threads going on around here?
Lots of power is fun, but you can take advantage of suspension mods more IMO.

I kind of want an SVO but I'm just going to mod the E55 instead. The only thing that sucks is parts are not cheap for it. I'm looking at a set of shorty headers right now and they're on sale for $800. They sure are purty though.

Another company is looking into making some long tubes (would be a run of about 10 sets) and are going to be asking $2,500. Figure in another $1,200 or so for a tune and probably another $600+ for installation and they are crazy expensive. Definitely out of my price range for something like that. There's also no way in hell the car would pass smog with them on.

Lots of power is fun, but you can take advantage of suspension mods more IMO.

I kind of want an SVO but I'm just going to mod the E55 instead. The only thing that sucks is parts are not cheap for it. I'm looking at a set of shorty headers right now and they're on sale for $800. They sure are purty though.

Another company is looking into making some long tubes (would be a run of about 10 sets) and are going to be asking $2,500. Figure in another $1,200 or so for a tune and probably another $600+ for installation and they are crazy expensive. Definitely out of my price range for something like that. There's also no way in hell the car would pass smog with them on.
Thats nuts, but seems about right for that car. :laugh:

Was broke down on an exit ramp and this guy in a foxbody but could not see much else it was like 1am.

He must have doing 60+ he slid the ass end down shifted and took off.
It was some fast and furious stuff :shrug:

banjo

heres my old school something a little different.

I like it!!!!!! About the fox bodys my longtime friend specializes in them Brandt racing enterprizes. In palmdale ca. check out his web site. From mild to completely wild he can hook you up with parts and set up pointers. Dave