Anyone Into Fox Body Mustangs?

Lots of power is fun, but you can take advantage of suspension mods more IMO.

I kind of want an SVO but I'm just going to mod the E55 instead. The only thing that sucks is parts are not cheap for it. I'm looking at a set of shorty headers right now and they're on sale for $800. They sure are purty though.

Another company is looking into making some long tubes (would be a run of about 10 sets) and are going to be asking $2,500. Figure in another $1,200 or so for a tune and probably another $600+ for installation and they are crazy expensive. Definitely out of my price range for something like that. There's also no way in hell the car would pass smog with them on.
Dude! That is crazy ass money for a tune. Tune should only run 300.00

I like it!!!!!! About the fox bodys my longtime friend specializes in them Brandt racing enterprizes. In palmdale ca. check out his web site. From mild to completely wild he can hook you up with parts and set up pointers. Dave
its my 68 falcon it has a 289 toploader with a 9"rear with 390s and a detroit locker.
ive got a set of afr 185s im going to go 351 over the winter and maybe a tko if i have enough cash left.

Lots of power is fun, but you can take advantage of suspension mods more IMO.

I kind of want an SVO but I'm just going to mod the E55 instead. The only thing that sucks is parts are not cheap for it. I'm looking at a set of shorty headers right now and they're on sale for $800. They sure are purty though.

Another company is looking into making some long tubes (would be a run of about 10 sets) and are going to be asking $2,500. Figure in another $1,200 or so for a tune and probably another $600+ for installation and they are crazy expensive. Definitely out of my price range for something like that. There's also no way in hell the car would pass smog with them on.

SVO's are great! You can really squeeze a lot of power out of the 2.3T without even lifting a valve cover.
Stinger Performance 2.3T FAQ

here is my buddy's 88 gt...5 lug conversion on all 4's. 13 inch rotors up front. coil overs up front with strut bar. adjustable race konis out back. recaros. gt40 intake, . dynoed 225 at the wheels. car originally came with 215...not bad for a 24 year old car with hardly any upgrades.

here is my buddy's 88 gt...5 lug conversion on all 4's. 13 inch rotors up front. coil overs up front with strut bar. adjustable race konis out back. recaros. gt40 intake, . dynoed 225 at the wheels. car originally came with 215...not bad for a 24 year old car with hardly any upgrades.
Does it have an 85-86 nose?

Dude! That is crazy ass money for a tune. Tune should only run 300.00
I've never heard of someone getting a tune for that cheap on an AMG. It's a different game when you start messing with the german uber sedans. Mine is more of a mini-uber sedan compared to the W211 E55s and the E63s that are out now.

I've never heard of someone getting a tune for that cheap on an AMG. It's a different game when you start messing with the german uber sedans. Mine is more of a mini-uber sedan compared to the W211 E55s and the E63s that are out now.
Well........you may be right. But.... Let me ask. All cars are based on OBDII correct? Conversions are available for every car. Ray Vinsons son. ( A local mtg magnet with his own helicopter) Gets his Twin turbo Mercedes tuned at the same shop where my junk gets tuned.

The funny thing is...... He wants to be part of our car group. But thinks he is the King. My buddys Cobra put it on him bad. Much worse than my wifes car would have. I dont have any reason to bring mine out anymore.

Nobody wants any! :laugh:

yea my buddy has another 88 but a vert, his brother is building it up...already did a 5 lug conversion. thats gonna be a cruiser though.
he also just got a engine and trans from a parked fox. dropping that into his 67 coupe.
i was almost gonna get a svo. but ended up getting my brothers elco...

yea my buddy has another 88 but a vert, his brother is building it up...already did a 5 lug conversion. thats gonna be a cruiser though.
he also just got a engine and trans from a parked fox. dropping that into his 67 coupe.
i was almost gonna get a svo. but ended up getting my brothers elco...
You sell that Fastback in your Avatar? I've seen it on the Samba a few times. Good deal!

Preferably pre '87 (i'm biased), but anything to '93 will work.
Heres mine right now in the middle of a five lug conversion. 1985 GT 5.0 5 Speed.
thats a nice one...what are you using as a 5 lug conversion?
you going with the svo styled 5 lug or going the sn-95 route?

wheres antioch by the way?