Anyone know what type of Kart this is ???

I just traded a cell phone for this kart and it was all spray painted pink and blue.
had a spray paint can lid as a cas cap and a car air filter held on with a coat hanger.
I put about $350 in add on parts to the engine and $125 in paint.
***How about those cup holders***
I have no idea what type of kart this is and no one that i know has a clue either.
I would just like to know.

Last edited:
mjfl,
That's a good deal,,, a go-cart for a cell phone, makes me want to go to the Dollar store and stock up on those little trac-phones,, LOL It does look like it's alot of fun, that's for sure, and could fetch you 7 or 8 cell phone now that you've straightened it all out!!! I bet you keep it though, you can't ride a cell phone, but that looks like a fun ride for sure!
dave

yeah i know the wheels are manco and they don't make them anymore.
the only thing that bugs me is that it does not have a live axle.
my wife wants me to sell it but i said HELL NO.
oince you make something just the way you like it, it's hard to let go.

thats what i figured but i have people that are telling me that it can't be done.
maybe they are telling me that because we are all kind of haveing a contest
on who can fix their go kart up the best and they don't want me to have a
live axle.
i just happen to win $500 on a scratch off and got to do lots of mods.
i think i need a new seat also because when i go around a corner,
my fat ass slides off the sides.

joekd

Live axle can be done but it means cutting away the rear section and rewelding it

Not work I would want to have done on a perfectly good frame

i think i need a new seat also because when i go around a corner,
my fat ass slides off the sides.
Until you get a new seat, go get some kitchen shelf liner. The rubber type that is about 3/16" thick and has a honey cone pattern to it. Cut a piece the size of the seat, and sit on it. Works great, I had to do it on my cart.

yeah thats on thing that i was thinking. this is a good frame ans i didnt really
want to cut into it. i am thinking about the frame kit from gokartparts.com.
the only concern is that it will be too small. Have any of you seen it in person?? Is it large enough for an adult.
and the cabnet liner sounds like a great idea. gives a tacky surface to eliminate sliding.
thanks for the help guys. I've only been fooling with go karts for about 2 months now and need all the advice i can get.
THANKS !!

I have one of the karts that gokartparts.com sells. Bought it on craigslist for dirt cheap. It's very small. I'm 5'6" and it's a tight fit. One thing to keep in mind with a live axle is steering at lower speeds sucks. Mine might be worst than the average kart because it has 2 6.5 clones on it so there is a bit of extra weight on the back. But even when it had just one it didn't steer so swell.

i'm 6'2 and 230 lbs. i guess that kart is not the one for me. haha
and mine is hard to steer to. when i give it gas the front wheels come up and
the steering does no good. it would be nice if a real race chasis didn't cost so
damn much.

MJLF,
If you go with a straight live axel, with no differential, steering is going to be real hard, on tight turns, well they can be hazzardous!!!, my son tried that and ended up rolling the cart, he was operating it at a high rate of speed, anyway he rolled and obtained road rash on the whole left side of his chest.
On keeping your butt inside of the cart, a great suggestion is to go to your local automobile recycle lot and ask if you can cut out a couple of seat belts from cars that are ready to be crushed, if you keep them tight around your waist you become one with the cart, and with the ridiged suspension you have every bump will be felt.
As far as the wifey thing goes, when they see you putting the extra cash in your cart or bike, they kind of get jealous, that cart is like having money in the bank, if you really need the cash, you'll get it, a heck of alot more than a cell phone costs!!!!
Ride it hard and keep good oil in it!!!
dave

that's true. I've watched a lot of videos on kart crashes. does not look fun.
and the seat belt sounds like a good one. didn't think about that.

..........one more thing i was wondering.........
i'm set up with a 12 tooth clutch and a 72 tooth sprocket.
will a 60 tooth sprocket make much of a difference??
will it kill my torque and add lots of top speed, or will it just kill the torque???

yeah i know the wheels are manco and they don't make them anymore.
the only thing that bugs me is that it does not have a live axle.
my wife wants me to sell it but i said HELL NO.
oince you make something just the way you like it, it's hard to let go.
Mine has a long way to go, I had the same wheels but the kart is different! Dont know what mine is either.........

I had a 42 tooth sprocket and a 12 tooth clutch on a IC Briggs 5, it would turn the tires on take off and have plenty of top end speed, I weight around 180, and would sometimes be carring a 40 lb kid, you should be alright with that clone you have.
I have a 6.0 briggs on the cart I have now, it has a 12 tooth clutch to a 36 tooth double sprocket, the second sprocket is like a 16 tooth, that goes to a 36 tooth sprocket on the drive wheel, the drive wheel is a 8 inch steer tire off of a riding lawn mower, this one really flys!
dave

At your current gear ratio you should be hitting 23.2 mph at 3600rpm and 32mph at 5K

60T sprocket- 27.8mph @ 3600 38.6 @ 5000rpm

50T sprocket- 33.4mph @ 3600 46.4 @ 5000rpm

40T sprocket- 41.7mph @ 3600 58.0 @ 5000rpm