Anyone out riding in the snow?

kayde

My oldest boy took off an came back to say the plowed roads were way too slick too ride that nite.
I hopped on and dumped it in my first ten feet in the alley.
Got up shook it off and took off for the feilds.
Out in the feilds was a blast.

The hm80 plowed through the fresh powder as it rolled up over an off the front fender while chugging along.

With more power and more stability im really getting anxious to get my t555 project going.

Anyone else out playing in the snow???

Attachments

bruces

I have been riding my warrior to my camp across the river ,we have over two feet of snow right now ,but the river has only a few inches .If it ever warms up ,I will get a few friends to come out and we can do some ice racing out there .

I've been drifting my gokart in the stuff until the cam buttons flew out of the driven pulley on the CVT. Had to tow it back a mile with the ol' Ski-Doo.

I even got the chance for a late night run to the nearest hoodlum grocery store!
IMG_05451.jpg

kayde

Im bit of a chicken shat when it comes to being on top of a frozen body of water....No way! Unless its a puddle lol.

Mr. Carbide we are almost neighbors .
Those dollar stores seem to grow like weeds around here.
I gave up on sleds just after the 96' storm just too many toys too maintain.

I said to the big kid perhaps we'll warm up the lil' guys go cart this weekend,
he declined since he is still hurtin from dumping the bronc.

Past experience is the cart dont go well in the stuff at all but its been awhile since trying.

The only snow we have had here in central NC was back in December. We briefly had 11 inches on the ground, and the 200U-EX was less than steller. It still had a clutch at the time and it struggled the entire time. After it melted down to a few inches it did surprisingly well. I have a TAV and 60 tooth sprocket on it now, so IF we get anymore snow, I'll try it again.

I have no choice but to ride in the snow as I live on a side of a mountain at 8,000 feet. My mail box is 1/4 mile away so I take my '49 Trail King down to the postal stalk box. If my hill is really slippery I can use low gear just to keep the bike under control for the drive back up, or take my back road home which is 1/2 mile long from the mail box. It does very well in 6" of snow If I can keep my balance and the front wheel straight. The old diamond shaped knobby rear tire does much better than I thought it would. The clutch/brake device really controls the bikes speed all by itself if the throttle is held constant.
Now that the 40" of snow is melting, the bike does well in the 4" of pancake batter mud on my roads which is a real challenge to drive through.

Got about 6" here in the PNW Last night. My roomate had his Coleman ct200u out around midnight. I had to fire up my Fox to give it a try. Didn't do too badly even with the rear slick tire.

old shed finds

Yes guys,,,, a 1960s Sherpa eats up the snow,, with its 12"AG tire on rear they pull close to foot deep..this one ran in the west hills in Utah allmost all day on a Saturday...its a clone 6.5hp Greyhound swap.tons of balls...... 20190209_101500.jpg

kayde

Yes guys,,,, a 1960s Sherpa eats up the snow,, with its 12"AG tire on rear they pull close to foot deep..this one ran in the west hills in Utah allmost all day on a Saturday...its a clone 6.5hp Greyhound swap.tons of balls...... View attachment 239939

Thats a sweet ride, with the ag tire on there im sure that would go through almost anything.
With the snow caked up in there just proves it.

My 72 vt8 12 still has its oe 21x12-8 tires that besides a few minor cracks the tread is like new i do have tubes in them though.
They never saw hard ground till 2010 when i bought it.
Airing down the rear really helped in the fluffy powder we had.

kayde

3 wheels are so much more stable riding in the snow.
The snow turned to freezing rain during my ride, i got back and i was wet with a layer of ice on me so no after the ride pics.

Attachments