Anyone Re-build or customize a Manco Streaker??

125ccCrazy

I just picked up a Manco Streaker (think it is anyways) roller that I was thinking about rebuilding it with either a DB 2.8 or a Tec 3hp for my grandson after he learns how to ride a bicycle LOL.... I did one mod to it last night, I bent the handle bars forward simular to Ruttman Wild Goose so they are slightly bent forward and not pointing at the rider... This gave the bike a whole new look.... I am also contimplating on moving the rear wheel back maybe 2-3 inches to stretch the wheel base and possibly swap out the 5" wheels for 6"...... I will probably cut out the eng plate and weld in a better plate, the stock plate is pretty cheap and unsightly..... My goal is to give this bike a more vintage look and get rid of the cheapness of it..... The black plastic fenders are going and will be replaced with traditional metal fenders, the oval seat has to go too and will get something like a Lil Indian or Wild Goose style seat...

At any rate, if anyone has pics of one of these bikes they built I'd like to see what you came up with...:thumbsup:

125ccCrazy

I've never had one.....but sounds like you've got some good ideas:thumbsup:
yeah she's kind fugly right now but I can see some potential with a few mods... Just bending the bars forward and moving the rear wheel back will give the lil bike a whole new personality.....I may spread the frame apart at the rear for a wider tire, those little 10-3.50x5 are pretty small especially the rear as the frame is so tall that it makes that tire look like a training wheel..

125ccCrazy

Did you ever take a look, at the way I redid my old Manco Streaker, It may give you some ideas.

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/project-logs/5255-progress-my-manco-streaker.html
That looks good :thumbsup:,
I have the same metal fenders for this one... the cheap plastic ones had to go.... I want to put the rear axle tubes on top of the frame like yours too and run a taller rear tire... I might do away with the scrub brake and put a drum/band brake on the wheel...

That looks good :thumbsup:,
I have the same metal fenders for this one... the cheap plastic ones had to go.... I want to put the rear axle tubes on top of the frame like yours too and run a taller rear tire... I might do away with the scrub brake and put a drum/band brake on the wheel...
I was thinking of adding a different style brake to, but I think I am going to leave the scrub just in case.

I found one for $30 a few years ago, the bike is really small but good for young kids. I ended up selling it and keeping the warm briggs .

If it's really going to be for the kids just leave it be and drop a 3HP in it.

Last edited:

delray

125ccCrazy, did you see my acme frame? i use a pair of fox handle bars and makes the bike steer real nice. the frames are about the same, very close to the manco streaker:thumbsup:
added some tubing to the back of the frame and then brought the seat back more and added a small sissy bar behind it to help keep the kid on the bike. i now also have a foam pading on the upper sissy bar for litte back cushion.:thumbsup:

125ccCrazy, did you see my acme frame? i use a pair of fox handle bars and makes the bike steer real nice. the frames are about the same, very close to the manco streaker:thumbsup:
added some tubing to the back of the frame and then brought the seat back more and added a small sissy bar behind it to help keep the kid on the bike. i now also have a foam pading on the upper sissy bar for litte back cushion.:thumbsup:

As I have said before, I do not think we will ever see a nicer small bike then yours Delray, quality of work is superb....

125ccCrazy

That looks great, the handle bars look factory on the bike as does the sissy bar..

I bent the handle bars forward on this bike, that just changed the whole looks of the bike.... The bike will probably be a winter project as my grandson has to learn how to ride a bicycle first LOL.... I have a DB 2.8 that I might put on it, he won't need any more engine than that..