anyone. rear suspension doodle bug

I would YouTube it..saw it done awhile back..i dont have link..search rear suspension doodle bug.far as I remember..they cut rear tubes of frame out and welded a tube behind engine plate and put a long bolt in and added coil over shocks on cut out rear tubes...

Does anybody know if this idler gear set up would work? The builder has what seems to be one idler before and one after the jack shaft and both look to be at the top! To me it would seem the top of the chain side would produce the torque and would put too much pressure on the idler wheels where as the bottom would be the return and would be the ideal position for them.......am I wrong in my thinking??

Does anybody know if this idler gear set up would work? The builder has what seems to be one idler before and one after the jack shaft and both look to be at the top! To me it would seem the top of the chain side would produce the torque and would put too much pressure on the idler wheels where as the bottom would be the return and would be the ideal position for them.......am I wrong in my thinking??
If you are wrong then we both are. :thumbsup: I agree with you.

slack in a chain is on bottom..seems that setup there would put extreme stress on that idler..should be on bottom...man that hill climber pic neo put up..look at that chain length..wow..

Last edited:
slack in a chain is on bottom..seems that setup there would put extreme stress on that idler..should be on bottom...man that hill climber pic neo put up..look at that chain length..wow..
You can hop off the seat mid ride and run a few laps around the back of that thing.