anyone. rear suspension doodle bug

Daniel Coop

The suspension "Doodlebug" you are referring to is called a Serengeti Motorsports, Badger. I picked one up recently after seeing it and having to have it. Cool little bike, but kinda cheaply made. I will be welding and reinforcing this one. IMG_20160926_231033981.jpg

Gonna get a little done on this soon. I just bought a motovox mbx11 with a running predator212 for 200bucks to steal the front forks. It runs and drives surprisingly well. Turns better than a doodlebug. Little smaller but more comfterable to ride than a newer style doodlebug.

Have you put a chain on it and compressed the rear suspension yet? It looks like the chain will get pretty loose.
Better to check now while you are still building and fabbing things...

Danford1

So tires. larger 13x6.5 front and rear or larger in the rear and 13x5 front. Or 13x5 front and back.
I have 15 x 6 x 6 front and rear for mine. I can tell you this, the 13 x 6.50 x 6 will not fit. I have those for a Go Kart and tried them already.... too much section width. At least the ones I have are to fat....

What size tires do you have on it in the above picture?

Doug

Last edited:
There pocket bike tires. rite now there 13x5x6 front and back. but i would have to put the tires on different rims because i modified a rim and moved the hub over for the rear and im using a rear rim on the front so i can put hydrolic brake on the front too.rather than busting my balls removing these tires i would just buy new ones for the different wheels.

Bike looks nice.:thumbsup:.i guess you got some ground clearance because your suspension mods..I'm suprised you got any with 13s,..... i like 15 inchers on stock rims..

Last edited:
Been working on the motovox mbx11 with my 9 year old nephew, i told him he has to help build this one im not paying and building it this time.
We swapped out the tires with snow hogs, it has db30 forks because i stole the mbx11 forks for my bike.
New predator 79cc because it came with a 212 and thats too much for him. Also swapped a hydrolic brake on the rear, cut off the mount and rewelded to fit.
Also cut off the pegs and made it midmount so he could stand up on it.
Hes getting an introduction to tools and i even let him tack weld all the parts on. He had a blast.
20170312_171956.jpg 20170312_172011.jpg 20170311_174739.jpg

For some reason I really like mini's with different colored forks!! ie: black frame red forks or red frame black forks instead of all black or all red!!
Future welder in the making!! :thumbsup:

Been working on the motovox mbx11 with my 9 year old nephew, i told him he has to help build this one im not paying and building it this time.
We swapped out the tires with snow hogs, it has db30 forks because i stole the mbx11 forks for my bike.
New predator 79cc because it came with a 212 and thats too much for him. Also swapped a hydrolic brake on the rear, cut off the mount and rewelded to fit.
Also cut off the pegs and made it midmount so he could stand up on it.
Hes getting an introduction to tools and i even let him tack weld all the parts on. He had a blast.
View attachment 95040 View attachment 95041 View attachment 95042
Good :thumbsup: if you wanna ride get in there kid..nice

My 9 year old works on his stuff too. You just have to watch that you don't leave them alone with anything you don't know how to put back together.