Anyone seen a Arctic Cat Screamer for sale resently??

Screamer sold for $3500- so theres the "real world value" for a nice one. Going to NY to a nice guy who had one back in 71 @ age 14.He emailed me a day after auction & said if high bidder didnt come thru that he wanted it, so walla, its his & hes happier than a kid at christmas!! He had been looking for one for ever.Never heard from original high bidder- karma will catch up to him.
Wade, I will get some good pics for you tomorrow,before I say goodbye to the coolest mini ive had the pleasure to own.

Last edited:
Screamer sold for $3500- so theres the "real world value" for a nice one. Going to NY to a nice guy who had one back in 71 @ age 14.He emailed me a day after auction & said if high bidder didnt come thru that he wanted it, so walla, its his & hes happier than a kid at christmas!! He had been looking for one for ever.Never heard from original high bidder- karma will catch up to him.
Congratulations on the sale and may rising tides float all (Arctic Cat Mini Bike Owners) boats.

Ding Ding

Awesome to hear! Thanks for the update.

To know it's going to someone that probably thinks it's even cooler than you did, has to be a great feeling.

I can only imagine what inspired someone to make a Screamer look like that. *shudders* It could be brought back to a respectable condition, but every single thing would need to be redone. I don't think that is the original engine either, looks like a 4 stroke. Kind of cool though just that it exists in a seemingly useable condition.
Ever hear that Johnny Cash song called "One Piece At A Time", about a Cadillac a guy built by slipping one piece at a time out in his lunchbox at the factory over the years? This is the Arctic Cat equivalent of that. It's a hilarious song, I highly suggest you YouTube it.

It's impossible to tell without seeing it in person but this is/was most likely a 71 Whisker or Prowler with the Sachs engine mount removed and the base plate added. The base plate looks to be the correct length ending at the foot pegs, so it's possible it was an SSSCAT II, Climber or Screamer frame, but the jack shaft base mounts are missing. The rear wheel setup is Whisker/Prowler all the way and I can see from the angle of the chain that it's got a small rear sprocket on it. No lighting either, also the sign of a bare-bones Whisker. Without more pics, it's impossible to be sure but it's definitely a frankenbike. You can't bolt a Screamer tank on it and call it a screamer. When the owner says it's 99% original, it's clear he has no clue.

You know what it DOESN'T have? A foot brake!!!

Ding Ding

Ever hear that Johnny Cash song called "One Piece At A Time", about a Cadillac a guy built by slipping one piece at a time out in his lunchbox at the factory over the years? This is the Arctic Cat equivalent of that. It's a hilarious song, I highly suggest you YouTube it.

It's impossible to tell without seeing it in person but this is/was most likely a 71 Whisker or Prowler with the Sachs engine mount removed and the base plate added. The base plate looks to be the correct length ending at the foot pegs, so it's possible it was an SSSCAT II, Climber or Screamer frame, but the jack shaft base mounts are missing. The rear wheel setup is Whisker/Prowler all the way and I can see from the angle of the chain that it's got a small rear sprocket on it. No lighting either, also the sign of a bare-bones Whisker. Without more pics, it's impossible to be sure but it's definitely a frankenbike. You can't bolt a Screamer tank on it and call it a screamer. When the owner says it's 99% original, it's clear he has no clue.

You know what it DOESN'T have? A foot brake!!!
That is a funny song, good beat too.

Yes looking closer that Screamer is more than likely not a Screamer at all for a number of reasons. It's a combination of sorts with a shiney Screamer tank, and the tank is certainly the crown jewel on that thing. It's still kind of cool though. Maybe the 99% original Screamer comes in a box along with the yellow bike. :smile:

New owner says he is riding the screamer like he stole it!! It was a show piece to me but he is really having his fun with it- good for him!!!!!

Ding Ding

New owner says he is riding the screamer like he stole it!! It was a show piece to me but he is really having his fun with it- good for him!!!!!
Cool! I don't blame him for riding it, I would! They can still be kept plenty nice while riding them once in while. I have proof in my garage.

I certainly understand the draw of a pristine unridden bike, but I'm a big proponent of riding them, regardless of the value. Give it a chance to scream (no pun intended) down the road/track/trail like it was born to do.

Ding Ding

In other Screamer news, I touched a partially restored Screamer a week ago. It had a NOS 2 stroke engine that had never been started. I told him I would gladly be the test pilot when the time comes!

Riding my other original screamer is definately the best feeling I get in this hobby bar none!!! Restoring,rebuilding,& the thrill of the "hunt" in finding these cool old minis is why we do it but actually blasting around in these small wheel rockets is what keeps me feeling like a kid again!!