anyone still running the front headlight on there modified engines?

I've been running a halogen on mine. Doesn't mind the AC voltage I guess.. I like the dull orange glow it has at idle. Ill wear a nice 18650 powered led headlamp that I have mounted to a helmet that is waaay brighter. It not so prone to die from vibration like some of the handle mount types.

So from what I understand, I'll need a rectifier that will change the AC voltage in to DC voltage and also keep the volts lower? Assuming it's making more then 30v from the 2 stator wires. My old 450 Suzuki would make between 60 and 80 ac volts out of the stator. It was a 3 wire though.

What kind of rectifier will I need in order to not overcharge a small atv battery? And will it charge at idle? Can I use one off of the small atv? It's a kid's China wheeler

I've been running a halogen on mine. Doesn't mind the AC voltage I guess.. I like the dull orange glow it has at idle. Ill wear a nice 18650 powered led headlamp that I have mounted to a helmet that is waaay brighter. It not so prone to die from vibration like some of the handle mount types.

So from what I understand, I'll need a rectifier that will change the AC voltage in to DC voltage and also keep the volts lower? Assuming it's making more then 30v from the 2 stator wires. My old 450 Suzuki would make between 60 and 80 ac volts out of the stator. It was a 3 wire though.

What kind of rectifier will I need in order to not overcharge a small atv battery? And will it charge at idle? Can I use one off of the small atv? It's a kid's China wheeler
A rectifier will change the AC voltage to pulsating DC. It will not control or limit the voltage. A regulator will limit the voltage from going to high (they do make rectifier/regulators). A battery will provide voltage stabilization so that when the engine is turning too slow to provide minimum voltage the battery takes over till you rev the engine again. Sometimes you can "get away" with only fixing a part of the three issues, but it is always better to just do it properly (even some of the mowers do not use regulators because they assume that the engine will not be revved over about 3000 rpm, so the voltage is limited by low RPM instead of a regulator). Sorry, I don't have the part number of the part you want.

Need more details, what engine is this? Two coil or one? I change everything to led, use a full wave bridge to change to AC and a 40v 1000 to 2000 MFD electrolytic cap to smooth the DC. I do not regulate and have not had issues but if you read this thread some led bulbs will not tolerate higher voltage. I guess I have been lucky with the bulbs I got.

It's a clone motor on a mini that has the 2 coils behind the flywheel. If I can charge a small battery that I can run LEDs and a 12v charge port off of then that'd be pretty cool.
http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eB...tegory=177955&pm=1&ds=0&t=1539343769000&ver=0
For $10 will this do the trick?
That should work. They even list the wiring (often one of the more confusing issues). A small AGM alarm battery and you should be good to go. Without a battery the voltage regulator has a hard time knowing what to stabilize the voltage at. Since you are at it, you can add a starter too!