Apache Motors mini bike with side hack??? HELP !!

Eliminator

Just picked up this bizarre rig.. Front says Apache motors and side panels on rear say Eagle. I saw a post a while back with one photo where someone was asking about IDing one. The member did not buy it as no one seemed to know what it was.. I can tell you this is no homemade rig nor is the matching sidecar, hack setup with matching wheel.

ANYBODY know where these were made or when? Looks early or mid 60s to me but it's so different I'm scratching my head.
ANYONE have photos or ads for them?
I see some minis on the site that have the long neck and rear wrap around frame. I think Dereks dad or someone had some.. Same company??

With the wild seat and side hack I was definately thinking some sort of shriners setup. There is a square stock lug in the middle of the diamond plate for maybe a flag holder or seat mount?
Has been updated during its life with a 5hp and a torque convertor. It has Front and rear drum brakes, 6 inch wheels,long steering head and even a spot for a trailer ball on the wrap around rear frame. Much more rugged, larger diameter tubing than most minis. Twin tube frame setup, quite different. It's actually pretty big with an axle to axle about 10 inches longer than a Cat Eliminator.Looks like the ultimate pit bike or swap meet vehicle..

THANKS for any help..

Last edited:
Little Gen was a similar looking bike with a side car.

That is a cool looking bike but the side hack could be homemade. Those wheels are available and if the bike was built in the late 50s or early 60s as the styling appears from those decades I would think it would have had steel wheels. :shrug:

Eliminator

Actually more than a few minis had sidehacks.. The little Skat Kitty seems to be one that often had one. As a kid I remember a local kid who had a small wheeled FOX with a little side cart that matched the bike and came with it when new...

Anyone find anything yet on the type Apache I picked up? Sure would like to find an old ad or info on where and when they were made..

THANKS

Actually more than a few minis had sidehacks..
Yep, I know. Just pointing out the similarities to the Little Gen and that fact that the wheels on your Apache might not be original to the bike so the side hack could be homemade. :thumbsup:

Was that the one listed on Boston Craigslist?

Last edited:
Thanks Graphics... It's a wierd one for sure.

Papa do you know where they made Apaches. I did see those mini photos while searching around.. Do you think its the same company? Thanks..

The center post is for a seat. I also have one. It is definitely a factory made unit. I will try and get some pics of mine posted mine still has the seat :scooter:

I just picked up the same thing. Front sticker says “Apache Motors” and the round name plates on the sides say “Eagle.” Black frame, with a red, yellow and black seat (divided by a wavy line), and a side car with a red frame. No seat or post was anywhere to be seen. It has a Robin Subaru 6 HP motor with a torque converter. It looks very stock though, like it hasn’t been altered.

I just picked up the same thing. Front sticker says “Apache Motors” and the round name plates on the sides say “Eagle.” Black frame, with a red, yellow and black seat (divided by a wavy line), and a side car with a red frame. No seat or post was anywhere to be seen. It has a Robin Subaru 6 HP motor with a torque converter. It looks very stock though, like it hasn’t been altered.
Any photos you could post?