ARCO / Alexander Reynolds - Disassembled

I've got an old Alexander Reynolds / ARCO minibike that I was working on but don't feel like finishing. I'm not sure on the year, but it has a shock absorber seat and spring in the fork bolt for suspension and a scrub brake. Its a nice bike, but I've got three other bikes that I'd rather concentrate on.

The bike is disassembled. The frame had two issues: the rear axle holes were egged out and the rear fender mount is only half there. I've replaced the axle plates with new thicker ones and the only thing left is to weld up the new rear fender mount or just cut it completely off since I don't have the rear fender. I can fabricate and weld up a new rear fender mount as I'd originally planned if you want to pay a little extra.

Here's what its got:
1)Frame and forks. Forks have the slightest bend to them but barely noticable and easy to fix. Motor plate is perfect and frame tubes are straight.
2)Handlebars w/ risers and hardware. painted silver, may have good chrome under the paint, I don't know. Rough grips.
3)Brake lever that was used as the throttle. I was going to get a proper twist throttle
4)Front and rear wheels with good tires and tubes. (only one shown in pics but I have two good tires)
5)Both rear shocks in good shape. Not seized.
6) A very ugly home made seat.
7) Older 3HP Briggs & Straton with a good working clutch. Runs good. Needs a new pullstart clutch and an air filter.
9) Useable front fender. no rear.
10) Needs a new rear axle bolt and could use a new front axle and neck bolt.

I'm looking for $100 for it as it stands. If you don't want the motor & clutch, I'd take $70. Add $15 if you want me to weld up the rear frame mount. I'm in central NJ. Will ship on your dime but prefer local pickup

I'm open to trades or partial trades. Here's my shopping list:

1) Straight lower fork tubes from a Gilson, Montgomery Wards, or Allis Chalmners bike. Need two. I would take a whole fork if you've got it.
2) F&R fenders from a Gilson, Montgomery Wards, or Allis Chalmners bike. Need both.
3) Broncco Rear fender. I'd looking for the version that attaches to the frame, though I'm not too picky
4) Billet Flywheel for a briggs 5HP flatty.
5) 12-13" shocks with 3/8" mount holes. Need to be in new to near-new shape. Original broncco TX1 shocks would work too.
6) Lil Indian Clutch/chain cover, the one that is kind of teardrop shaped with rounded edges and a raised section in the center (post 1969 I believe)
7) Gilson/Montgomrey Wards/Allis front wheel spacers
8) Gilson/Montgomrey Wards/Allis seat - no rips
8) FINALLY, I NEED SOMEONE IN THE NJ AREA THAT DOES FRAME AND FORK STRAIGHTENING.

Also, I might be interested in parting it out, but the prices will add up to much more than $100:
1) Wheels - Rear is the type w/ welded sprocket. Sprocket is in good used shaped $50 w/o tires, $60 w/ tires
2) Frame - Includes fender, handlebars, misc hardware and seat if you really want it $40 w/o shocks, $55 with shocks
3) Shocks - w/ upper bracket $20
4) Motor w/ clutch - $40

Last edited: