Arco EZ Rider 1 project

Hello everyone. I finally got my Arco EZ Rider chopper delivered. Thought I would start a project log for anyone interested. Bike is in great shape, just needs to be stripped down, sanded, painted, and reassembled. I am considering having the seat and sissy bar pad reupholstered. If anyone knows who could do this for me, please let me know. I am also looking for an original clutch/chain guard. That's all for now. Nothing's ever easy....It's always something.

Attachments

Hello everyone. I finally got my Arco EZ Rider chopper delivered. Thought I would start a project log for anyone interested. Bike is in great shape, just needs to be stripped down, sanded, painted, and reassembled. I am considering having the seat and sissy bar pad reupholstered. If anyone knows who could do this for me, please let me know. I am also looking for an original clutch/chain guard. That's all for now. Nothing's ever easy....It's always something.
I have the reproduction clutch covers at OldMiniBikes.com

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak and Spell...[emoji2]

I thought 71 still had square tails and single round fronts? Sorry for hijacking...:)

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak and Spell...[emoji2]

Nope 70 was the only year for the ugly square tail light and dual head lights :doah: 71 &72 had the same corvette style tail lights and single head light, the only difference is the grill
Harleys Papa is correct. My Chevelle is a 1971. (Mailbu model) It is my first car. I have owned it for 29 years. btw..I still have my first wife. lol.

Harleys Papa is correct. My Chevelle is a 1971. (Mailbu model) It is my first car. I have owned it for 29 years. btw..I still have my first wife. lol.
That's awesome. I learned something today!(about Chevelles):blink: If I can help with the chopper resto in any way, let me know. I'm selling all my Arco chopper parts so check the classifieds over the weekend. I have a NOS seat but it's green(I like the green EZ riders)...

mini bike 025.JPG mini bike 027.JPG mini bike 008.JPG Hello friends. Progress is slow on the EZ Rider chopper, but I had a pretty cool discovery today. While stripping the paint off of the forks I found the original Alexander Reynolds sticker with the Model and Serial number. Its not complete, but you can see most of it. I can't make out the Model number, but the Serial number is 100271. I am assuming this indicates that it was built on October 2, 1971 but I am not sure. If you know, please advise. Anyway, once all the paint is stripped, the painting process will begin. I purchased a nice set of Sebac shocks off of ebay. The chrome was much nicer than the pair it came with. Does anyone know whether the shocks below the chrome were black originally or were the painted the same color as the frame? I am really looking forward to getting it back together, but between work, my son's Little League baseball schedule, and my honey do list, my time is limited. I have also acquired my second mini-bike. It's a Manco Streaker roller that I picked up for $56.00 off of ebay. The addiction has started. ttyl Mid Life Crisis....Nothing's ever easy...It's always something... mini bike 026.JPG

Looks like it was a purple one from some of the paint shown around the serial number label. Very cool. If you keep an eye on eBay there have been some seats for these show up. There were 4 NOS and 2 of them had the sissy bar pads about 2 or 3 weeks ago. You want to watch for Messinger seats for these. Good luck and I'll be looking forward to your progress.

Hello friends. I got the EZ Rider 1 all stripped down and ready for paint. I included a picture of the frame stripped and ready for primer, mini bike 004.JPG mini bike 005.JPG mini bike 2015 011.JPG and the forks with the first coat of primer. Looking forward to adding some color. Oh yeah, also including a picture of my Manco Streaker in its new color...

fall 2015 mini bike 259.JPG fall 2015 mini bike 260.JPG fall 2015 mini bike 263.JPG fall 2015 mini bike 212.JPG fall 2015 mini bike 266.JPG Hello friends: It's been awhile since I posted, but here is the latest progress on the Alexander Reynolds EZ Rider 1. I painted it Plum Crazy purple, followed by multiple coats of clear. I just need to clean up some of the hardware before reassembly. I had to replace the head gasket on the motor, but its running great now. I am looking for someone to do a complete restoration on the motor. If you know anyone, please advise. I have also included a couple of photos of the Manco Streaker my son and I restored. We installed a Harbor Freight Predator 3hp motor on it. Runs great. I can't keep him off of it. Let me know what you think. Thanks in advance. Nothings ever easy, it's always something...