Arctic Cat Saxonette parts

I just picked up a AC Prowler the other day, but the recoil had been removed and the drum that bolts to the flywheel was missing. The previous owner found the recoil, but the drum that the recoil fits inside of is gone. If anyone has parts, I would be happy to buy them. The bonded pieces on the recoil dogs are shot too, but from what I am hearing, they are nearly impossible to find. I still have to give it a shot.

Thanks

MikeBear

Here's the guy (Bob Fragoman) who has all the parts and info, if you want them from the guy that bought the left-over stock when Fox went under. The Fox Sundowner uses the same engine. He can get your parts for a recoil. Or, you can wait and buy them off Ebay.

You'll pay anywhere up to $350~ for a complete and working one. That's right, it's worth more than you probably paid for the whole bike. You can replace the pucks with brake lining material cut from old brake pads, and JB Weld glue them on the ends, after you grind it slightly to get the metal clean but rough. I've done this, and it works. The recoil turns COUNTER-clockwise, so you can't use a regular recoil starter that goes clockwise.

Bob
R. L. Fragoman
Box 157
Memphis, NY 13112
(315) 689-7047
minibikeman1@gmail.com

Thanks....I was thinking of trying something like that with some old brake shoe material. I have one local guy who has some minibike stuff, so if he does not have what I need, it is nice to know there is parts out there. I paid $350 for the bike, which is pretty complete, so I knew I would be spending some money to get it running.

Thanks again