Arctic Cat Screamer doesn't scream

About a year ago my buddy bought the so called "over restored" screamer off ebay;after finishing it up and fixing all the cobbled together parts,replacing bearings,cables,etc. it fired right up and the engine runs terrific;it did however have the wrong sprocket on the jackshaft. At the time we only had a 13 tooth sprocket so we put that on thinking it would give us more top speed,it took off like crazy but died on top end like it was overdriven too much.Assuming it was the sprocket,we just recently switched it to a 11 tooth sprocket. Now we have a wheelie machine that still dies on top end.Any thoughts or are we expecting too much?:confused:

Its not an engine or carb issue,more than likely something in the clutch;everything appears to be working properly as far as engaging or disengaging,it just feels like the clutch is overdriven on top end,even though I can't see any signs of slippage;maybe we're just expecting too much from an Arctic Cat?

Completely cleaned and re-adjusted carb,cleaned fuel petcock and lines,swapped a complete jackshaft assembly from a mint survivor Climber, and installed a new correct drive belt;made slight differences but I guess our expectations are too high-can't make a cat run like a rupp!:doah:

Is the Governor hooked up and adjusted correctly to about 3600rpm, you know that the governor's purpose is to limit engine speed but not actually limit vehicle top speed which depends on gearing. As long as the clutch is locking up and not slipping it is not the problem, it will get smoking hot if it is slipping.
If take off speed/power is good then the gearing for top end speed is not bogging it down.