Arcticat Climber

Bottom mount or wrap mount?
Hi, My bike frame has 2 tabs welded on, I assume this is bottom mount. That said I assume those can be cut off so I can use either tank. I am inexperienced in this bike. So I guess I will take either. Maybe you know. What do you have for sale.
Thanks for your help.
John

If the bolts go into the tank it is a bottom mount. If the mounts are under the frame tube it is a wrap mount. Early Arctic Cats (1971) had bottom mounts and good tanks are hard to find. Wrap mounts (1972) are the better way but you need to weld in new style mounts under the frame tube.

If the bolts go into the tank it is a bottom mount. If the mounts are under the frame tube it is a wrap mount. Early Arctic Cats (1971) had bottom mounts and good tanks are hard to find. Wrap mounts (1972) are the better way but you need to weld in new style mounts under the frame tube.
Thanks for reply, well I will take either. My Climber is a 1971. If you come up with one for sale I would be interested.
Thanks John

Yes it is . They are hard to find because they changed the design and had a recall to change to the wrap mount. If you are going to ride the Climber I would use the wrap mount. If it is more for show then the bottom mount is ok.

Ding Ding

Just to clarify, you do not need to weld in new style mounts (tubing) under the frame tube to use a wrap mount tank. You simply need the mounting hardware for the newer style tank mount. The mounting hardware came with the recall tanks that were sent out specifically so the earlier 1971 bikes could also utilize the wrap mount style tanks. The 2 hole tank mount on the 1971 bikes does not need to be removed either.
20190621_174524.jpg 20190621_192956.jpg