Artic-Rat

I picked up an old artic cat climber as a package deal with another bike , but it is RRRough lol

Not sure where or what I will end up with but a build is always fun and my brother Spencer tracks will give it a good home

I have a ton of spare parts up in the bike loft just have to do some creative picking

Here are a few before pictures

Lol thanks guys , I dont think this one will win any trophies

I grabbed an old 5hp gc series honda seems to me they are overhead cam but still look a bit like an old flathead
It looks huge in the frame lol

Found one of those motorized bicycle peanut tanks to sit on the top frame rail

Have a 3/4 bore #35 clutch but need to pick up sprocket for the jackshaft and rearnwheel
to try and hit the magic 6 -1 ratio

Oh and need some retro looking animal print seat cover material lol

buckeye

Just go to Walmart of Canada and go through the ladies section.
There has to be something with leopard print on it.
Instant seat cover.:wink:

I have been making steady progress on the rat
Blasted the rims , fresh paint , bearings and tires

Made some spacers and reused an old sprocket for the rear

Took a lot of twisting but got the front forks apart

Switched the jack shaft to allow me to run the sprocket outside the frame and move the move the engine to the left , might be able to use both foot pegs lol

Mounted the gas tank and did a spray test to check the color

I ordered new chrome fenders for my next project and plan to repaint the old ones and use them on the Rat

The weather has been crazy here lol , from arctic cold and snow to warmer and raining but the rocket stove I built has been working great and I havnt had to buy any oil just lots of scrap wood from work.

It really roars when its going lol

Plan on sanding the frame and priming and paint tonite ,more pictures to follow

I watched a lot of You tube videos , before building the heater but ended up doing it my own way lol
The only thing I would do different is use six inch square tube for the burn chamber rather than four

It produces a lot of heat from small kindleing sized scraps ,but burns it quickly and hot I have to stoke it every 20 min but I guess that's a safety feature lol

The rat is a roller

The 24 inch ape hangers are just for show lol I have a pair of 12 inch on order

Hope to get the carb and exhaust figured out tomorow

Last edited:
Hey Randy , I was out on a call from work that was across the street from a bicycle/ skate shop , so walked in and to see what they had
They had the 24" ones I bought and wide beach cruisers on the wall and were able to order the 12" ones I need