Astro wheel sprocket issues

fhpe77

My el Tigre resto-mod project is coming along nicely. So far I have replaced the handle bar grips and throttle control, the rear shocks, the clutch, and added a clutch band brake. Additionally, any bolts that get touched get replaced with grade 8 fasteners. Lastly, I replaced the wheels with Astro's and some new Carlisle studded tires. The sprocket for Astro wheel is the type with the integrated brake drum. This sprocket is offset away from the rim too much. In order to make the chain line up properly I had to add a larger spacer on the left side and a smaller one on the right side. This results in the rear wheel not being centered in the frame. This situation is certainly not good for riding as the handling has been impacted negatively. I found another vendor that has a flat sprocket drilled for the Astro wheel bolt pattern. It also has a 1-3/8" center hole to accept a flanged bearing. Per another OldMiniBikes forum thread, I'm going to use threaded rod couplings as stand-offs to mount the sprocket. Here's my question: Should I use a spacer between the flanged bearing and the left wheel bearing? My old rear wheel had a flanged bearing in the sprocket but did not use a spacer.

20170114_142029.jpg

fhpe77

Thanks fellas. I live 1/2 mile from Lowes. They actually stock a nice variety of 5/8" zinc plated spacers. I'll probably just buy one that is slightly larger than needed and cut it down to fit.