Axle Questions

Hello, I am new to this forum. My wife acquired a trisport frame that I have been working on this fall and hopefully I will have it running by spring. While removing the seized in front axle, I destroyed it. What material should I use for the new front axle? I can get shafting from McMaster for reasonably cheap, but I dont' know how well it would hold up to the bending load in this application. We use 4140 for pump shafts at work so I was thinking maybe that.

I'm not sure what model it is, I haven't researched it a whole lot. There is a sticker on the stem but I can't read any numbers off it, just Alsport Inc. It has a springer fork and no rear suspension. The frame is a single tube right up the middle. There was an old Wisconsin engine on it but it looked like a repower. I have an old snowmobile engine and torque converter that I plan to put on the machine.

wjustice

I think the axles are just reg steel 3/4 round stock nothing special. They are not hardened or they wouldnt mushroom like they do

wjustice

When you get to installing an engine message me. I can take pics of how my TS is setup. It has a factory ccw snowmobile engine in it. Im getting ready to do a hydro disc brake conversion soon. The stock bands just dont cut it especially the axle turn brakes.