Azusa mini bike build with my kids

I've just started a father and kids project.
My daughters are 8 and 3 and my son is 5 and a half.
A few weeks ago, I've rebuilt a Tecumseh HS50 engine and ordered an Azusa mini bike kit with 6" wheels.
The kit has arrived last monday (with a missing bag of parts including all bushings !...) A friend has machined them for me today.
I just show and explain my kids what to do but I want them to do as many things as possible.
I've painted the frame because I wanted it to be very clean but they have applied primer.

Here are some pictures.

IMG_20210911_003015.jpg

IMG_20210920_182314.jpg

IMG_20210921_190658.jpg

IMG_20210921_211720.jpg

I've painted the wheels centers in black.
IMG_20210921_213656.jpg

IMG_20210923_194522.jpg

IMG_20210923_194550.jpg

More to come

Wow great project... Building memories that'll last a lifetime for sure! The little ones will remember this the rest of their lives, not to mention Hooked on Mini's! Both of'm!!!

Awesome project Steed.

M'mm... M'mm ... :cool: Mini Coopers!!! :cool:

Wow great project... Building memories that'll last a lifetime for sure! The little ones will remember this the rest of their lives, not to mention Hooked on Mini's! Both of'm!!!

Awesome project Steed.

M'mm... M'mm ... :cool: Mini Coopers!!! :cool:
Thanks. :)
Yes, I think I have a problem with Minis and Mini based cars... :p

IMG_20210920_132338.jpg

I74

That must of unfortunately been some pretty good coin to get that stuff across the pond & to your neck of the woods...
Very cool though, interested in this stuff,, & being in France. :cool:

That must of unfortunately been some pretty good coin to get that stuff across the pond & to your neck of the woods...
Very cool though, interested in this stuff,, & being in France. :cool:
Yes, shipping from US to France is so expensive! And you also have to add tariffs!
You have to be very motivated to get a US mini bike when you're in France... :rolleyes:

The clutch has arrived!
I have a problem as the clutch and the rear sprocket are not in line. It's not huge but enough for the chain to derail at high speed... I've ordered a universal engine mounting plate. That's about two more weeks to wait for the plate to arrive... :confused:
IMG_20211002_132724.jpg

IMG_20211002_132641.jpg

I74

Lets see a shot of the alignment from the back. ;)

I wouldn't mess with a mounting plate.

If the alignment's just a smidge off,, I would enlarge the ''side'' of each slot a bit where needed, with marking where the bolts go thru first,, & with ''just'' grinding some, by where the marks are.

Also, once you have that set,, you could long gate where you ground, a bit more,, for chain adjustment.

Last edited: