B.A.T. is rocking this week

Enough of the overpriced karts already. Check this out, and don't forget to watch the video!
Tom, I attempted to list my Bonanza MX with them, on a no reserve bid, and they were not interested. They already sold two of the karts I restored, and I suspect my "correcting" an unscrupulous seller who stated he had restored the kart and had owned it for ten years, put me on a black list. I filled out the questionnaire, and stated "no reserve" and estimated it's value at $3500. It took them five minutes to email me back with a rejection. Probably tired of seeing my over-restored pieces of crap, or maybe it was because I didn't have a heart-warming story of historical significance to give them. This was one of the photos I sent them.

1642644058485.jpeg

With all of these rejections of REALLY worthy OldMiniBikes members bikes by B.A.T. do they ever provide the professionalism or courtesy of a reason WHY they rejected it? (I am assuming they do not). Seems to be no rhyme or reason as to what/why they accept and what/why they reject...
Michael

Wbcor

I asked and a few days later I got the following response. Fair enough in my mind. I did set a low reserve and description was pretty good, but next time I’ll try to make it ready to post and no reserve. They don’t make much on small sales so I get it. That said, it’s all about maximizing eyeballs. The go carts are amazing. I’ll try again in the spring.

“Hello William,

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit your Bonanza mini bike and thanks for your patience while we get back to you to provide some additional insight during this busy time. It looks to be a very nice example and I'm sorry that we won't be moving forward with a listing.

To give you some additional perspective, we are a curated marketplace and we unfortunately cannot accept every bike that is submitted for consideration. Small displacement and off-road motorcycles comprise a relatively small percentage of what we list on the site, which unfortunately means we often have to pass on a lot of neat ones. We appreciate the merits of your mini bike, but I'm afraid that with our current volume the team simply decided to move forward in a different direction at this time. This does not mean that your bike isn't desirable, and hopefully we will continue to feature more fun motorcycles like yours on the site.

We appreciate that you considered BaT Auctions. As much as we hate to pass on any listing, it is sometimes a necessary part of our curation process. We wish you the best of luck with the sale and hope to have the opportunity to work with you in the future.

Best Regards,

(I Deleted name)

mustangfrank

I asked and a few days later I got the following response. Fair enough in my mind. I did set a low reserve and description was pretty good, but next time I’ll try to make it ready to post and no reserve. They don’t make much on small sales so I get it. That said, it’s all about maximizing eyeballs. The go carts are amazing. I’ll try again in the spring.

“Hello William,

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit your Bonanza mini bike and thanks for your patience while we get back to you to provide some additional insight during this busy time. It looks to be a very nice example and I'm sorry that we won't be moving forward with a listing.

To give you some additional perspective, we are a curated marketplace and we unfortunately cannot accept every bike that is submitted for consideration. Small displacement and off-road motorcycles comprise a relatively small percentage of what we list on the site, which unfortunately means we often have to pass on a lot of neat ones. We appreciate the merits of your mini bike, but I'm afraid that with our current volume the team simply decided to move forward in a different direction at this time. This does not mean that your bike isn't desirable, and hopefully we will continue to feature more fun motorcycles like yours on the site.

We appreciate that you considered BaT Auctions. As much as we hate to pass on any listing, it is sometimes a necessary part of our curation process. We wish you the best of luck with the sale and hope to have the opportunity to work with you in the future.

Best Regards,

(I Deleted name)
Someone needs to ask the go kart guys that have had multiple listings each accepted what they're doing right. I don't think they understand or appreciate minibikes and the current values, they don't list many...unless it's a Honda 50 or 70.

Not a big fan of those, but dannnng that thing is clean!! Nice stuff in that shop also. An ex of mine in HS drove a CJ-7 that looked exactly like the one in the background, right down to the stripes. That was a fun little truck;)