B&S 3.5 carb help

Have the 3.5 B&S shown in my pics. Must be 20 years old now. I don't have any reference (owners manual) for it but the motor won't idle on its own now. Yeah its been in storage but was run about 6 months ago and always started easily. I did swap out gas and can keep it running WOT but very low on power. I rode it around the block a few times hoping it would "self clean" but no. Tried some carb spray but that didn't help either.

My thought is the PU tube is slightly clogged from old gas or something similar

IDK model # for carb to look up "how to" cleaning carb.

Is it # 498298 carb?

Any tips appreciated

ran some B12 fuel system/carb cleaner through and open/closed screw on carb and all is good now. Picked up a tube at Tractor Supply to fix the front flat and ran the bike several times around the neighborhood

Model: 91202
Type: 0017 01
Code: 960416FA

I BELIEVE MY CARB IS A FIXED JET. PULSA-JET

IDK model # but did find my B&S service manual and in section 3, CARB, it shows pics and the Pulsa Jet appears to be what I have

I need to know what model # the carb is to get a rebuild kit or buy a new one

Doc1976

Yeah you wont find a number for the carb, you order parts based off the engine number. That's assuming it wasnt changed at some point. You are correct about it pulsajet, and fixed jet. I'm not sure for 1996, but you want to figure out if yours is fixed mixture screw or adjustable. There are multi fit carb kits all over Ebay that cover most carbs. The things most kits wont include is either welch plug, pickup tube screen, breather tube boots, some will include the throttle and choke shaft seals, just verify before ordering. Also, your engine probably has the thick intake gasket, most kits only have the thin one. I've had trouble in the past with the thinner ones affecting the governor function, so you may need to purchase a thicker one separate. Good luck.

link in post 5 does not work

anyone know of a replacement carb that is right for my motor. I see some for under $20 but don't know if they work for my motor

I have a Tecumseh motor for my pressure washer and a factory carb was about $16 which I found to be cheaper in parts and time rebuilding the one I had