Back in operation

WLB

It took us close to a year but our CNC turning center and CNC mill are operational again. We looked long and hard for a reasonably priced larger shop but didn't find anything suitable. In the end we tore out the end of our old shop where I had my motorcycle business from 1973 to 1993 and put in a new overhead door tall enough to get the mill through. It took the machinery movers nearly two months and multiple visits to get the machines out of storage and into the shop and another several months to get the electric company to upgrade our service to 3 phase. The shop area is a little crowded but there is still room for my son to work on his fiberglass Jeep bodied project and by putting tables, some fixtures, and tools on wheels so they can be moved out of the way, we can still bring in another car for work.

Here is a picture of a custom sized serpentine pulley my son did recently. That is the first one he made to dial in the dimensions and feed rates. The final one is smoother and looks like it was polished. He has also made some custom billet parts for a show car.

MVC-882F.JPG

WLB

Thanks Dave and Chipper. Yes I am happy to mark that project off my list. The old dog is ready to learn a new trick. Before the machines were put in storage I had learned to program a few things on the mill. Hopefully it will come back to me.

We are ready to make minibike parts if there is any demand.