It has a great spark
Compression 70-75 PSI
Fresh fuel
Brand new carb
Brand new fuel tank
Clean air filter
new spark plug

I am spinning it with a drill motor and will not even bark at me,
How can I check the timing, is that compression way too low????
What else can I check

Are you running the stock engine?

Pull the jets and make sure they're clean and free of any obstructions. Will it attempt to fire if you hit it with some starting fluid?

It is fixed, believe this or not it was a bad spark plug, with the plug off the motor the spark wire on the plug and the plug held gainst the motor for contact it fired a big blue spark, but installed on the motor it did not work. My brother or my wife. I forgot who, suggested I try sticking an old used plug into the motor and see what happened. I did and What happed was, it started up, I tried that with different plugs and the motor ran on all of them, put the original plug and nothing, so I bought a new plug and TA DA it is working fine.

I hate it when it turns out to be sum dumb like that. I had a 196cc baja do that to me aswell. Cleaned the carb, different airfilter. Removed the governor just to rule it out. The spark plug ground strap was touching the electrode so it would just randomly not fire. Took me awhile to figure it out until i was like "well, theres one last thing i havent checked yet". I really like DB 30s . You running a stock motor? Tell me about the bike a lil bit. I used to have a DB 30 when i was a kid. Yellow with the 3.5 horese 90 somthin cc motor. I sure miss that bike. They sure do got a vintage nostalgia to them.

I hate it when it turns out to be sum dumb like that. I had a 196cc baja do that to me aswell. Cleaned the carb, different airfilter. Removed the governor just to rule it out. The spark plug ground strap was touching the electrode so it would just randomly not fire. Took me awhile to figure it out until i was like "well, theres one last thing i havent checked yet". I really like DB 30s . You running a stock motor? Tell me about the bike a lil bit. I used to have a DB 30 when i was a kid. Yellow with the 3.5 horese 90 somthin cc motor. I sure miss that bike. They sure do got a vintage nostalgia to them.

I bought this bike Brand New about 12 years ago when my wife saw it in Northern, she sat on the display and went zoom zoom and said I want one and we then went about out business. As it got close to Christmas I checkled with all my credit card companies and found that I had almost 200 dollars in rewards money,. So I asked them all to send a check, I added about 100 bucks and bought it, took it home, assembled it, tested it and stored it in my neighbors garage and gave it to her on Christmas morning, She was Underwhelmed. A tad disappointing to me as it was not what I expected. We rode it a bit, we all took turns, almost used up a tank of gas and into the shed it went, about once a year I took it out and drove it up and down the block and that was that, and finally it sat for a few years. Recently I took it out and found all the gas had turned to varnish, the gas tank was all rusted inside, the carb was shot etc etc etc. I got all new stuff, fresh gas, changed the oil and it would not start, one of the first things I did was to be sure I had spark. I put the plug against the motor to get a ground, pulled the cord and got a fat spark, but it still did not run, after a few weeks of trying this or that, she suggested I try another plug, I argued that the plug was good, and to settle the argument I dug thru a box of junk parts, found an old greasy plug, stuck it in the motor, gave the cord a pull, and it started, There is the story. Since then I ran it up and down the block and am gonna give it to my neighbors 8 year old kid, His father is a Roto Rooter Guy and he fixed my drains a few times and refused any compensation what so ever, he just said that is what neighbors do, they help each other. When I see him later this week I will ride over on the Baja and give it to him, He lives about 3 houses down the street, I guess the motor has around 10 hours on lt over the years. Any thing that was chrome or painted silver is now rust colored.

I bought this bike Brand New about 12 years ago when my wife saw it in Northern, she sat on the display and went zoom zoom and said I want one and we then went about out business. As it got close to Christmas I checkled with all my credit card companies and found that I had almost 200 dollars in rewards money,. So I asked them all to send a check, I added about 100 bucks and bought it, took it home, assembled it, tested it and stored it in my neighbors garage and gave it to her on Christmas morning, She was Underwhelmed. A tad disappointing to me as it was not what I expected. We rode it a bit, we all took turns, almost used up a tank of gas and into the shed it went, about once a year I took it out and drove it up and down the block and that was that, and finally it sat for a few years. Recently I took it out and found all the gas had turned to varnish, the gas tank was all rusted inside, the carb was shot etc etc etc. I got all new stuff, fresh gas, changed the oil and it would not start, one of the first things I did was to be sure I had spark. I put the plug against the motor to get a ground, pulled the cord and got a fat spark, but it still did not run, after a few weeks of trying this or that, she suggested I try another plug, I argued that the plug was good, and to settle the argument I dug thru a box of junk parts, found an old greasy plug, stuck it in the motor, gave the cord a pull, and it started, There is the story. Since then I ran it up and down the block and am gonna give it to my neighbors 8 year old kid, His father is a Roto Rooter Guy and he fixed my drains a few times and refused any compensation what so ever, he just said that is what neighbors do, they help each other. When I see him later this week I will ride over on the Baja and give it to him, He lives about 3 houses down the street, I guess the motor has around 10 hours on lt over the years. Any thing that was chrome or painted silver is now rust colored.

Thats a very nice thing to do. I think thats so generous of you. Always feels good to give to someone. Thanks for the story man