Baja Blitz #2

I have been looking for several months now for another Blitz/Doodlebug and finally found one on craigslist. On the way home from picking it up I just happened to see a Harbor Freight and low and behold I got a clone for $89.99! I can only assume all the crap hanging under the cylinder and hooked to the carb is California carb compliance crap:grind:

Now I need to decide, buy conversion kit or bash it together on my own.

you can pull all that crap off. it's mainly just a charcoal canister and some lines. they also look better IMO if you pull off the metal heat shield things.

Came home from work tonight to find a nice priority mail package on the front porch. Got the install kit from cjtmini, super quick shipping and so far so good. Hopefully have some time tomorrow to get it finished

Hey verk I found out the hard way "Dont plug that hole!!" If you git rid of the tubing and charcoal canister get yourself a dirtbike breather tube for that 1/4" inlet tube on the gas tank!!! Thats how it breaths or you'll get vapor lock!! Gotta love California!!:laugh:Good luck on your build!!:thumbsup:

He could find someone to sell a non CARB tank, I dont think a CARB tank will fit a DB frame. A stock DB tank can also be made to fit with some bracket work. That CARB stuff has to go if you plan mods anyway I would think.:shrug:

I think I will just use the 2.8 tank, searched and found several threads on that subject.
Might go cheap and dirty and use zip ties for now to mount the tank.:grind:
We are going camping in 3 weeks and I just need a work horse. My sons blitz got worked over last spring break with the same crew we are going with this year, so durability is going to be key on this project. After camping and when the mini bike funds grow I would like to do a header and filter.

Last edited:
any tips on sprocket alignment? Got it all going and have tried eye balling it three times and each time the chain flys off! :confused:

I think I got it. Several hot laps around the neighborhood and the chain is still on! I really like the way this 6.5 pulls my big ass around, must really haul ass modded like a lot of you have done. The stock governer setting seems to fit the type of riding we will be using it for, gets up to speed quick and then keeps you at a safe but fun speed.
cjtmini's kit worked great and took no time at all, aligning the sprockets was the trickiest part but just took a little trial and error.

Notice the customnumbers:drool:

Got these Carlisle tires through our shop and thought I might try them out. Not a very aggressive tread but should be good for around the campsite.

Last edited: