Baja Blitz Motor Upgrade

I don’t weld. I wish I knew how and had the equipment as I know I could easily fix it my self if I did
If you aren't able to find a replacement, send me a message. You can mail it to me and I'll get it fixed up for you. No charge other than cost of shipping.

If you do, you might as well send both. I see the other side is starting to have the same problem.

If you aren't able to find a replacement, send me a message. You can mail it to me and I'll get it fixed up for you. No charge other than cost of shipping.

If you do, you might as well send both. I see the other side is starting to have the same problem.
That would be great! Thanks @Fat Tony157. So far I’m not having a ton of luck.

I found these from monsterscooterparts that say they are for the Baja Blitz, which is what I have. However, I don’t see how they would work. https://www.monsterscooterparts.com...FIsYcp4106TA4O7PEMXW9Trlt9NoYdBoaAh15EALw_wcB
682C8E73-CBBC-4C68-8973-E1839DBCE248.png

Yea its threaded. You will need a 5/16 - 24 bolt and a washer for that.
5/16 is what I meant. Typo. How long of bolt? 1”? Lock washer and or blue loctite?

I’m assuming the tap screws are included just in case your putting the clutch on something that isn’t already drilled and taped. Want to make sure I’m not missing something and royally screw something up.

I’ve messed something up, or I’m not doing something right. I tried putting the rear wheel back on and it was an absolute b$$$$ to get back on with the spacers. I feel like it shouldn’t have been that hard. Now the bolt heads on the split sprocket adapter are rubbing against the frame. When I try to tighten down the rear axel bolts, it locks the rear wheel up by the time I get the castle but on far enough to get the cotter pin through.

Are you supposed to use different wheel spacers if you go to a split sprocket adapter?

3FCAF269-19E0-4723-98DD-676904888161.jpeg AC2E4FAF-C400-487E-BEEA-BAE22084FA3F.jpeg 284BDFC5-77AE-41CC-85B3-0C1EF51339F2.jpeg

I’ve messed something up, or I’m not doing something right. I tried putting the rear wheel back on and it was an absolute b$$$$ to get back on with the spacers. I feel like it shouldn’t have been that hard. Now the bolt heads on the split sprocket adapter are rubbing against the frame. When I try to tighten down the rear axel bolts, it locks the rear wheel up by the time I get the castle but on far enough to get the cotter pin through.

Are you supposed to use different wheel spacers if you go to a split sprocket adapter?

View attachment 262207 View attachment 262208 View attachment 262209
Maybe I didn’t put the back wheel on properly because there is a space between the spacer

0159CC75-D2BE-4BDB-BEA2-7764D480E244.jpeg

You may have reversed the wheel. I don't have a DB but I'm pretty sure the valve stem should be on the brake side and I think I see it on the sprocket side in one of your photos. Did you remove the brake rotor? If you had the rotor and the sprocket off at the same time you could have reversed the wheel...

At least it was something simple!

Btw that blue looks excellent. Great choice

Edit: i was just looking at the pics again. Looks like you have the short spacer on the sprocket side. Thats where they normally go, but i don't think that's going to work on your setup. That adapter looks thicker and is causing the bolts to hit the frame. Try swapping the spacers and put the wider spacer on the sprocket side.

Last edited:
At least it was something simple!

Btw that blue looks excellent. Great choice

Edit: i was just looking at the pics again. Looks like you have the short spacer on the sprocket side. Thats where they normally go, but i don't think that's going to work on your setup. That adapter looks thicker and is causing the bolts to hit the frame. Try swapping the spacers and put the wider spacer on the sprocket side.
Thanks @Fat Tony157! I wasn’t sure if switching the spacers would throw anything off. I might give that a try.

I’m glad I went with the blue, turned out as good as I could have hoped

Last edited:
Thanks for everyone pointing out the obvious. I flipped the tire and remounted the sprocket and brake discs and I got the rear wheel in 10-15 minutes. The sprocket adapter I bought was from BMIkarts and along with the split sprocket. The bolt heads from the sprocket adapter are barely missing the frame and I had to bolt the sprocket on with the nut behind the sprocket.

If I do what @Fat Tony157 suggested and put the long spacer on the sprocket side, will that throw off mounting engine too far to the right in order to align the chain?

Second question: How do you install the max torque clutch? The max torque clutch didn’t come with a key, but there is one on the shaft of the predator motor. The clitch

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg