Baja Blitz Motor Upgrade

Does it matter what predator mounting adapter plate you get? Are there some better than others?

I ordered the one from OMBWH A couple of weeks ago and it still hasn’t arrived. I contacted them and they were expecting it to be in this week, however, they are now telling me that they are expecting it any day but it could be up to 1 to 2 weeks. The minibike project is taking up needed space in the garage and I need to get the project completed.

Does anyone know of a push thru has cap that fits the predator motor? I was thinking with the motor swap, the gas cap is going to be so close to the frame and will be a pain to get the cap off. A push thru gas cap would be super convenient and kinda cool

OMBW will probably have delayed shipping, too, and they don't even have it. Even Amazon Prime is delayed several days. If I wanted one, I'd cancel the order with the place that doesn't have it in stock and place an order with the place that does.

OMBW will probably have delayed shipping, too, and they don't even have it. Even Amazon Prime is delayed several days. If I wanted one, I'd cancel the order with the place that doesn't have it in stock and place an order with the place that does.
That’s good thinking. I am going to proceed with that.

Any thoughts on a pass thru gas gap that will fit the predator?

That’s good thinking. I am going to proceed with that.

Any thoughts on a pass thru gas gap that will fit the predator?
I've only seen those on relatively new cars and trucks. Even if you had one, with it mounted flat you'd need some type of cover over it or you'd get trash in the tank. I guess you could vacuum it before each fillup...

DaddyJohn

Forgoing the motor adapter plate and drilling holes to mount the engine directly to the existing plate would allow for extra cap clearance.

20200513_135405~2.jpg

I use an adapter plate on mine and I can remove the gas cap without issue. I even have the taller plastic cap with the protrusion on the bottom side. Only mod I did was get rid of the tether chain and fold the chain tab flat on the bottom of the cap.

Davis

I have a motor plate here in kamas utah. If you’d like it you can have it if you bring me back your new one when you get it.