Baja Blitz Motor Upgrade

Speed Calculator.png
Measure the OD yourself, Vision and/or Summit may have calculated the OD rather than measuring a mounted, inflated tire.
FYI: 145/70-6: 145 is section width in mm, 70 is aspect ratio in percentage, 6 is wheel diameter at bead
145mm x 70% = 101.5mm x 2 = 203mm = 7.99" + 6" = 13.99"

View attachment 262657
Measure the OD yourself, Vision and/or Summit may have calculated the OD rather than measuring a mounted, inflated tire.
FYI: 145/70-6: 145 is section width in mm, 70 is aspect ratio in percentage, 6 is wheel diameter at bead
145mm x 70% = 101.5mm x 2 = 203mm = 7.99" + 6" = 13.99"
That sounds much more reasonable. I realized I used the wheel diameter and not width. So 27 MPH seems pretty decent

Are there written instructions or a good how to video on how to install the motor mount plate? The BMI mount I just got today doesn’t have any instructions

I canceled the order for the OMBW plate because it was out of stock and got the BMI Karts one.
Yeah, I know that. I was just saying the OMBW plate is marked to indicate orientation, that will also tell you orientation for the BMI plate since they are nearly identical, the engraving on the OMBW plate appears to be the only difference.

Last edited:
I actually got the minibike running last night. Yay!!!!

there is one thing I noticed on putting it together, the carburetor doesn’t like to close all the way. I already put on a stronger spring on the throttle lever, but that hasn’t helped. And troubleshooting it seems to be the throttle return spring that is connected to the throttle lever to the governor arm. Not the one with the throttle rod going through the middle.
Thoughts or suggestions on how to fix?

There happens to be one of those police speed radar trailers around the corner from my house. I took the minibike past it going up a pretty steep hill and it clocked me at 33 mph

there is one thing I noticed on putting it together, the carburetor doesn’t like to close all the way. I already put on a stronger spring on the throttle lever, but that hasn’t helped. And troubleshooting it seems to be the throttle return spring that is connected to the throttle lever to the governor arm. Not the one with the throttle rod going through the middle.
Not really. Post in Honda/Clone/Predator with a photo or two.

Does the engine idle when you start it? It will remain about half open with the engine off.