Baja Dirt bug mini bike won't start

Trying to start a 5hp dirtbug mini bike. It was rode a year ago and put up for the winter. It's a pull start an just wont start. Gas is good, oil is good, spark plug is new. What can I do to help get it started. Any suggestions are helpful. Thanks!

Remove the carb, take it apart, clean everything with carb cleaner, (compressed air works well) replace any worn parts including gaskets, a rebuild kit wouldn't hurt. Reassemble the way you took it apart. Chances are if you have spark and it won't start then the carbs not picking up fuel. You might try priming the carb before taking it off, If it runs as long as you are giving it fuel then the carb is your problem.

Kierw

By chance, do you have another bike with same engine? If so, you could pull the carb and try it in this engine to see if it starts.. I have several mini bikes with clones and if I'm not sure about a part, I take one off of a running engine to rule it out or not..have you tried starting fluid directly into cylinder to see if it at least burps for you?

Last edited:

ekih

next time

next time you store anything that uses gas, good idea is to:
1 Add gas stabilizer.
2 Drain the carb float bowl, or turn the gas off and run it till it runs out of gas. (other wise the gas that is left there will evaporate and leave deposits that will gum up things.)

Remove the carb, take it apart, clean everything with carb cleaner, (compressed air works well) replace any worn parts including gaskets, a rebuild kit wouldn't hurt. Reassemble the way you took it apart. Chances are if you have spark and it won't start then the carbs not picking up fuel. You might try priming the carb before taking it off, If it runs as long as you are giving it fuel then the carb is your problem.
What if it won’t start after?

jayJams

my tillotson 212 has insane kickback and it whines while running i removed the governor and put a mikuni on it,i put a screw in the governor arm hole and i think there may just be too much pressure but idk help would be appreciated