Baja front suspension replacement???

Ok. There's so many of these mini's out there, certainly by now someone has found new shocks or tubes to replace these with.
I've got over 2000 miles on mine, and the shocks are about toast.

I ordered new seals, just in case they can be replaced, but I can't believe that Baja designed a front fork assembly totally unique to their brand.
I've pretty much scrubbed the webs, and there doesn't seem to be a definitive answer other than replacing the oil or seals.

I think the damned seals are still floating around on the ocean somewhere, but should make it here eventually.

I'm going to keep after this.

When someone else was looking for new ones, a while back, I spent more time searching for them than I should have. The only ones I found were on Sears Parts Direct, of all places. They were $75 each ($75 per side). Even if you were to find new ones, they would have been in a warehouse long enough that the seals may have deteriorated just from age, always a risk with NOS parts.

I found the answer after spending maybe more hours than yourself. ^^^
I found some shock assemblies that should work.
I might just get a few extra if anyone is interested.

Oh nooo, not that place! :death:
Well, I was a bit reluctant to link any other forum, but if people are still getting free new forks, I thought he'd want to know.

I don't spend time on any other forums, so if there's a problem with that one, I'm not aware of it; that thread just came up in a web search.

Thanks for the links!
I just checked with Massimo, they'll call me tomorrow with info.
I wasn't able to navigate to the parts lists.

I just got some seals in the mail that I'm going to try.
The thing is, I've never pulled forks apart.
Is there anything to it?

ETA: I just found their prices. $90 a piece for the shocks is just short of outrageous!
I might just consider taking them apart, and installing some upper springs like the set you linked to if the seals don't fit.

Last edited:
I rebuilt my baja warrior forks. The p/n's I found searching the forum were the wrong seals. 27mm×39mmx10.5 were the ones that fit correctly. Used 50-51ml of fork oil.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I rebuilt my baja warrior forks. The p/n's I found searching the forum were the wrong seals. 27mm×39mmx10.5 were the ones that fit correctly. Used 50-51ml of fork oil.

Those are the ones I got.

Again I ask, is there any trick to disassembly?

Nothing special about them they are a very basic shock. Should be a bolt on the bottom and they come apart. The only pain in the butt is removing the old seals, they're in there tight and the metal is cheap and will chip and break chunks off if pried on too much ( I broke a chunk off one of mine, glued it and have a small leak i cant fix) even with a small leak they work way better than before.

Nothing special about them they are a very basic shock. Should be a bolt on the bottom and they come apart. The only pain in the butt is removing the old seals, they're in there tight and the metal is cheap and will chip and break chunks off if pried on too much ( I broke a chunk off one of mine, glued it and have a small leak i cant fix) even with a small leak they work way better than before.

That's a pretty cool tank. What is it?

My wife just ran our Baja MB200 into a frickin' tree - buogered up/bent one of the shocks of all things. Anyone experiment with the Massimo MB200 parts??

https://www.massimomotor.com/products/MOTORCYCLE/,MB200

their parts distributor shows shocks for $89.95

Feedback??

CZ
I've got 3 MB200's. This has to be the exact same bike, everything looks the same, right down to the decals. It has to be where Baja got them from.

I've got 3 MB200's. This has to be the exact same bike, everything looks the same, right down to the decals. It has to be where Baja got them from.
Interesting. There are 17 dealers within 100 miles of me.

These are after the Baja branded bikes as the MB165 goes way back a number of years. Plus there were other bikes that the MB165 was the next version of just like the MB200 was the next version of the MB165.

Last edited:
Ok guys help me out here.
I got a shock off the bike. There's a allen bolt on the bottom, but it just spins and spins.
When you look down the tube, you can see whatever it is spinning as well.
I'm forced to think I need to get ahold of that in order to unloosen the shaft from the shock?
If so, what do you grab it with, I don't see a head of any sort, just a hole?

And it had all of about two table spoons of oil in it.

ETA: Ok, I guess what I'm dealing with is the damper rod.
There's the hexbolt on the bottom, but what do you get ahold of the top with?

Last edited: