Baja Heat project

Hey everyone, I picked this up the other day from CL for a good deal!!! $75. Not bad I don't think. Runs but has a few issues with it. At the time of pic I had the seat off and the handle bars turned down

Here's my problem, I did a carb job today. Took it completely apart. Everything to the jets.... When I first got it , it started fairly easily, but it wanted to take off when I switched it from choke to run (hence the carb job). Now that I put it all back together it still does it but idles higher. So what did I do wrong? Or should I buy a new carb from the net?????

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Screwed it back into the same position it was in, also I may have confused some, it was idling high and wanting to take off when I got it before I tore the carb apart. the small brass screw on the left side I screwed it all the way in and then BACKED it out 2 turns, still idling high like a pissed off cat whacha think jawehner1419??????

The Idle screw should be the big black plastic screw.....back it out for a lower idle speed .
I will have to mess with that screw today sometime , I did screw it out some, but it got to late last night to keep monkeying with it, I know that these carbs are hard to mess with sometimes because there's not much to tune on them

I fixed it. Turn the screw all the way out. Still did it...... Kept looking. Really? It was a spring stuck. Dummy me didn't catch it before. At least it was something simple as that. Let it idle for about 10 min. Took it for a spin. Runs fine and idles fine

Last edited:
Bringing up a dead thread of mine, I forgot that I had this one. Here are some pics of this bike I fixed up,cleaned and painted. I ended up selling this one on CL a few months ago.

IMG_2386.JPG IMG_2645.JPG IMG_2646.JPG IMG_2647.JPG