Baja Heat Question

ill oprobubly modify the torq-a-verter then cause it will take me some time to find a tank around here....im in michigan smack in the middle of the state.does your bike have a stock carb on it i also am haveing trouble figureing out how to make it idle.the idle screw is missing so i have it rigged currently...got my bike used and are makeing slow adjustments too it....your bike is sweet man...nice workand ill for sure let you know how mine comes out.
Thanks,no I don't have the stock carb,I have the honda gx390 13hp carb.Well,I would get the idle screw first and if you still have trouble,clean the carb.I work on all kinds of motors and the best cleaner is ACDelco at your nearest GM parts dealer.Its called CLEENS and the part number is 1 #993026 just remove any rubber on the carb and let it soak overnight outside(strong smell so it needs to be ventilated)I have 3 other motocycles and I cleaned all my carbs with this stuff and it works! including my 4 carbs on my 4 cylinder motorbike.Good luck:thumbsup:

Just installed the TAV in mine this afternoon. Much easier than the three we did in the doodlebugs. Now just need to adjust and/or remove the governor as it kicks in waaay before it should.

Its on a buddy's bike, so we'll see what he wants to do. Right now, it has good take off, and gets up to 10-15 mph pretty quick, but then the governor kicks in and it just kind of putts around.

mini baja

Its on a buddy's bike, so we'll see what he wants to do. Right now, it has good take off, and gets up to 10-15 mph pretty quick, but then the governor kicks in and it just kind of putts around.
my baja heat does about 45 after the comet tav 2 setup....i need to mess with my throttle to get a few more rpms out of it witch will give me more speed!!!!but yeah it made such a difference in my bike~!:scooter:

Turns out the factory had the throttle lever spring in the wrong hole on the governor arm. Put it where it should have been and it runs like a champ now and still governs properly. The motor is already blowing some pretty good blue smoke on start up, so its probably best to keep the RPM's sane and keep the governor.

Baja mini

Hey dr.gadget!!

all is well with my tav 2 conversion little basterd flys and has much more low end....my reoil is still a p.o.s but i can always use the cord.my question is i was lookin at your bike.....is that 2 rear wheel tensioners or am i seeing things? also can you send my the dimensions of your gas tank i have an old kawasaki 80 dirt bike tank look to be close to the same size.....i need more fuel and standing on my head and adding fuel with a 2 liter isant working anymore!

Hey dr.gadget!!

all is well with my tav 2 conversion little basterd flys and has much more low end....my reoil is still a p.o.s but i can always use the cord.my question is i was lookin at your bike.....is that 2 rear wheel tensioners or am i seeing things? also can you send my the dimensions of your gas tank i have an old kawasaki 80 dirt bike tank look to be close to the same size.....i need more fuel and standing on my head and adding fuel with a 2 liter isant working anymore!
Yeah,that tav makes a world of difference and yes,there's a tensioner on both sides.The tank is about 16" long 71/2" tall at the front and 81/2 wide.If your tank is shorter than 16" it would be better cause I had to grind off the seat clamp on the frame and fab a new one just because it was just a tad too long.I'm not sure the tunnel depth cause its on the bike now but you can probably get a more accurate measurement online.The tank is a 1995 harley sportster 883 that I have.(I lucked out and got a brand new one)Good luck.

baja mini

ok man thanks alot you think i need to add a duel tensioner or you just did it for the hell of it....illl send some pictures of mine soon.....when i got mine it had no recoil so i ordered the oine that goes wityh the motor and it has alreay failed lasted a week....any suggestions

ok man thanks alot you think i need to add a duel tensioner or you just did it for the hell of it....illl send some pictures of mine soon.....when i got mine it had no recoil so i ordered the oine that goes wityh the motor and it has alreay failed lasted a week....any suggestions
Hmmm,The 2 tensioner is factory,my bike is brand new.I'm glad there's 2 because it makes it easier to align the chain from the tav to the back wheel,I only drove the bike 6 times before I stripped it down and changed the motor.I notice that my bike has a few things different from the earlier models like there's only 1 oil dipstick(the other is welded closed) and some other stuff I can't remember.As for the recoil,I've never had a problem with that yet,as you can see by my photo,I put the original recoil back on the new motor because I wanted the original red cover with the minibaja 196cc logo.

New Bike

I just bought this new mini bike. The Fake gas tank says Hawg Ty, but I cannot find no info on the net about it. I have just been trying to find some pics of some customized ones to get some Ideas. Anyone got any info on it?

hey 13angryB's i have the same bike it has the 5.5 hp 163cc motor. do you know where to get parts for it? if you could help me out i would be indebted to you.