Baja mini bike enigine- Not starting

I'm not sure whats going on i put a brand new engine and carb and it still doesn't go the new engine doesn't even start i don't know what i'm doing wrong is there a way to install a new engine ? i put oil , it has gas , new spark plug and it makes a bit of a squeak noise. anyone has any advice ? what i can check where i can get it checked ?

Last edited:
New engine you say?
Spark?, gas? Air?
Any work done to it?
Could be lots of things.
yea new 97cc engine put new spark plug, fresh gas , and there's air compression. i've also checked the engine coil and still nothing honestly i want to put a bigger engine but where i live i cant really ride it anywhere im checking if i could make it street legal

Can you return the engine for another one?

Before you start tearing in to it and void your warranty if any.

It does sound like either blowing or sucking air, maybe as mentioned there is a head gasket leak/valve stuck open.

I would squirt some gas in to the carburetor or get the sparkplug wet and try start it, see if at least you get it to cough.

Jaime

SAS289

I'd pull the shroud/ recoil off see if plastic fan or pull start not locking up ..kinda a plastic noise
Yeah. I would remove the pull start and spin the engine with a drill. In that situation I wouldn't want to be pulling like crazy during troubleshooting. Thing is, if it is a pull start issue the engine should still start.

For this issue I would verify spark. Then I would end up putting fuel into the cylinder through the spark hole to see if I get fire or not.

Before you start tearing in to it and void your warranty if any.

It does sound like either blowing or sucking air, maybe as mentioned there is a head gasket leak/valve stuck open.

I would squirt some gas in to the carburetor or get the sparkplug wet and try start it, see if at least you get it to cough.

Jaime
well it was given to me when purchased the mini bike so i cant return it and ill try that

Yeah. I would remove the pull start and spin the engine with a drill. In that situation I wouldn't want to be pulling like crazy during troubleshooting. Thing is, if it is a pull start issue the engine should still start.

For this issue I would verify spark. Then I would end up putting fuel into the cylinder through the spark hole to see if I get fire or not.
ok yea my arm got sore lol ill try that