Baja Mini TAV / Torque Converter conversion ideas?

Rapidrob

I see that there are several vids on doing the conversion to a Torque Converter on a Baja bike that requires cutting the backing plate, removing a cooling vane, bashing a bracket out of the way and a few other mods to the bike itself to get the TC to fit.
Other than cutting and redirecting the frame, is/are there ways to do the conversion without permanently altering the bikes components or the TC hardware?
Most of the early post are no 404's.

i lifted the motor an inch. still had to cut some off the backing plate, 3/8-7/16. also had to remove the support bracket for the chain clutch setup. you will also have to modify the front mount for the chain guard,

Rapidrob

When you raised the engine, did you still have to remove any of the "star burst" castings around the driven pulley rear support?
I have a milling machine so reshaping the backing plate will not be an issue.

Wish I could help Rapidrob but I am unfamiliar with your bike, and engine as well.
I had to modify my TAV plate to work on my bike too but totally different setup.
Good luck, i’m sure it will come out great judging from your past threads!

SAT

When you raised the engine, did you still have to remove any of the "star burst" castings around the driven pulley rear support?
I have a milling machine so reshaping the backing plate will not be an issue.
Yes, we had to modify two, used hand tools and a small wheel fixed grinding wheel I use for non-ferrous.
The heat shield needed a bit of coaxing, and the rear oil fill cap and casting.
When you hold the TAV backing plate up to the engine the modifications will be readily apparent.