Baja street bug

Hi my name is dwayne.long time watcher a lot of good people and info on this site.live in South Carolina not a lot of old mini bikes in my area.
i have 4 dirt bug frames 2 mega motor 1 Baja warrior .I am going to cut up a dirt bug a make it a street bug.
IMG_20200118_070943_hdr.jpg

So here's my plan.1" rear axle with custom bearing mounts.custom front fork.hand made custom gas tank.6x5 Douglas wheels
212 predator cl1 cam and spring rod and flywheel custom air intake sys.and much more.good luck to everyone and remember
Let's have fun and build some cool and fun bikes
ps more pic to come soon

Wow great start nice fab work! Im sure youll let us know if that caliper doesnt work out im curious to know. I used on on my car tired bicycle and it doesnt stop at all but youve got much smaller tires so maybe itll be ok.

Thanks for the like.the brake rotor and caliper are stock to the bike.had to cut down caliper mount.rotor is mounted on a piece for a Coleman.
had to bore out center to fit the bigger axle.with some shimming and adjusting these systems work good.

DaddyJohn

Wow great start nice fab work! Im sure youll let us know if that caliper doesnt work out im curious to know. I used on on my car tired bicycle and it doesnt stop at all but youve got much smaller tires so maybe itll be ok.
They make a hydraulic replacement kit for this style of brake; they run about $50 on eBay with MC, line, and caliper.
Might be the ticket to get a little more power without entirely reworking things. :)

Got some work done this weekend.cut off all unneeded brackets and neck plates.cleaned up all welds.mocked up rear wheel and finder.
Fabbed up top and bottom triple tree plates and cut fork tubes and axle mounts.I make these out of two 1/8 th plate so I can use a dimple
dye to make the raised area to contact the bearing like the stock fork dose.tacked the gas tank together and made a top cover to it.this tank
Will be welded to the frame when I am done.also cut new slots for the motor IMG_2072.jpg IMG_2060.jpg IMG_2060.jpg IMG_2052.jpg IMG_2054.jpg IMG_2057.jpg IMG_2058.jpg IMG_2067.jpg IMG_2066.jpg IMG_2065.jpg IMG_1941.jpg IMG_1945.jpg IMG_1946.jpg IMG_2070.jpg

Thanks for the kind words.got some more stuff done so hear we go.got front fork welded and ground.made front finder mount and mounted the
finder.I will spot weld the mounting screws and grind them down .made front axle and.I used two racing hubs to mount front wheel.I take the inner bearings out put hubs in lathe and turn inside lips down to fit the wheel. IMG_2111.jpg IMG_2113.jpg IMG_2109.jpg IMG_2114.jpg IMG_2115.jpg IMG_2116.jpg IMG_2121.jpg IMG_2112.jpg IMG_2118.jpg

Also worked on my cold air intake system.it's made from 2 1/4 turbo silicone pipe .started mocking up header.I loved jeeps chain gard on his chopper.so he got me thanking what can I do for my chain gard .so I bought some cheep #35 chain and a 42 teeth hear I am making a chain gard
out of chain.I mocked it up with tie straps .I will have a lot of tig welding to do on this.Let's see what happens lol. IMG_2136 (1).jpg IMG_2137.jpg IMG_2135.jpg IMG_2134.jpg IMG_2130.jpg IMG_2132.jpg IMG_2131.jpg IMG_2120.jpg