Baja warrior build

I have a mostly stock baja warrior ( China torque converter, and bypassed governor). Now that its winter I'm planning to do it correctly and fully remove governor, billet flywheel/rod. Figured while I'm in there I'd throw in a bigger cam. Does anyone have experience with go power sports kit? They offer a mod 2 or hot 265 cam in the kit. Not sure what would be a good cam for this engine. Bike sees about 50/50 off road and neighborhood cruising. Any info would be helpful. Thanks

delray

from my experience the mod 2 is a good cam and for a beginner like you this can be a easy mod up grade where you don't have to do any grinding to the crankshaft to clear anything. also this cam tends to come on strong very quickly that can be good for a heavy bike like yours. more mods you do to your motor the better it will respond for example milling the head ..050 or so ,porting the bowls in the the runners little.. 32 degree arc flywheel,22mm carb, 1.3 rockers will be a big plus with all the correct mods done to it. 3000 stall springs, bigger rear sprocket. this will allow the bike to pull better rpm's quicker into the power band. all this mods are must to do if you really want to feel a difference in preformance gains. I did little race against couple guys last year with the 265 cam and just smoke them with no problems,but then again they didn't have all the correct mods done to there engine either or bike.

from my experience the mod 2 is a good cam and for a beginner like you this can be a easy mod up grade where you don't have to do any grinding to the crankshaft to clear anything. also this cam tends to come on strong very quickly that can be good for a heavy bike like yours. more mods you do to your motor the better it will respond for example milling the head ..050 or so ,porting the bowls in the the runners little.. 32 degree arc flywheel,22mm carb, 1.3 rockers will be a big plus with all the correct mods done to it. 3000 stall springs, bigger rear sprocket. this will allow the bike to pull better rpm's quicker into the power band. all this mods are must to do if you really want to feel a difference in preformance gains. I did little race against couple guys last year with the 265 cam and just smoke them with no problems,but then again they didn't have all the correct mods done to there engine either or bike.
Thanks for the info definitely good place to start. The bike has a big sproket stock and seems to work good am getting 40 mph top speed now and still able to wheely on flat ground. Good point on those supporting mods , would have overlooked them. Looking forward to the build. Thanks again