Balancing a front tire

I have a 6 inch tri-star split rim on the front of my bike. With a standard 4 inch wide tire by 12 inches tall, when I get over 55 miles an hour it starts to shake. Can these little rims and tires be balanced. I have a static balance in the basement

It is most likely your wheels, not the tires. Azusa Engineering "Tri-Star" wheels are known to be one of the worst wobblers ever made- poor quality control (casting) from the factory. Some other members have had some success shimming the halves or otherwise screwing around with them. Maybe someone will chime in who has done it and you might try the search function as well.
Michael

If you're running that fast, look into getting a better wheel and tire setup. Those little tires for those wheels aren't designed to go that fast and I wouldn't trust them at those speeds.

I've got a couple of the DWT 10" jr. dragster wheels and they run as true as possible. My drag bike that runs 70+mph is totally smooth with one of them and a decent tire on the front. There is some slight wobble from the tire, but it's not noticeable when riding.

https://www.studzracing.com/product-p/750-02.htm

They're expensive, but if you want a good quality wheel it will cost you.

Attachments

You’re absolutely right those TriStar rims are a pain in the ass this is my third pair they always wobble, I’m just gonna drop some money and do what you say get a better wheel and tire, thank you for your reply

You’re absolutely right those TriStar rims are a pain in the ass this is my third pair they always wobble, I’m just gonna drop some money and do what you say get a better wheel and tire, thank you for your reply
DWT does make that same wheel I posted without the cutouts too (it's just solid). They're a bit cheaper.

https://www.studzracing.com/product-p/750-029.htm

Or if you want black...

https://www.studzracing.com/product-p/750-029-nb.htm

If you've never ordered from Studz Racing, have no worries. They're a great place to get parts from and are my go-to for the most part.

I was thinking about getting a taller steel wheel and thinner for the bike would handle a little better, but they’re so damn heavy. But I’m gonna do it anyway safety first take care thank you

I was thinking about getting a taller steel wheel and thinner for the bike would handle a little better, but they’re so damn heavy. But I’m gonna do it anyway safety first take care thank you
I've got one of those 10" steel wheels and they are super heavy. Be careful putting them together too because they have some sharp edges that can get you.

I'm in the SF Bay Area (Richmond). If you're local to me I'd sell you mine for cheap. I'm never going to use it. Let me know ASAP as I'm also putting it up for sale some other places.

edit: Jojojeep isn't local to me. If anyone is feel free to hit me up on this wheel. I don't want to deal with shipping it, so local only.

Attachments

Last edited:
I have a 6 inch tri-star split rim on the front of my bike. With a standard 4 inch wide tire by 12 inches tall, when I get over 55 miles an hour it starts to shake. Can these little rims and tires be balanced. I have a static balance in the basement
what is a static balance, also are you able to post a picture of it? Thanks.

Last edited: