Barn find... What is it?

Cdig

First off, my apologies to the moderators, I got excited and posted this topic in the Projects forum...

Secondly, thanks for the add to this forum, looks to be a wealth of knowledge and friendly people here.

Lastly, I'm looking for help identifying this bike that was given to me... It was on my buddy's property when he bought his house, but there is no known history on it from the previous property owner, and no numbers, tags or lettering anywhere on it. By the quality of the welds I'd almost say it's home made, but who knows?!

I'd like to see pictures of any others like it l, so I can get some ideas on how to restore it. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachments

Cdig

those shocks look like early 60's Honda dream (squared shape)
I believe you're correct! Looked up some pics of Honda Dream motorcycles, those were definately from that type of bike... whether they were just repurposed from factory or if someone robbed them off an old motorcycle to make this bike, I'm not sure. It almost looks home made, but there are elements of it that appear to be factory pressed/machined. But I can't find another one like it on the net...

Its worth saving.
Its one of a kind its homemade and ugly as hell like most of my shit....
Built it get her going!
It's definitely unique! My plan is to stick an old B&S motor in it from one of my father-in-law's old machinery creations... I think it's around 10hp... couple that with a torq-a-verter. I'll likely try to get the front fork suspension moving (rusted solid right now) and put some working shocks on it... see how it rides. If the steering is too crazy I'll just go straight fork maybe. Update the brakes to disc rather than 'friction'... It's heavy as a tank, and will probly handle like an ox cart, but should be good for some laughs.

Thanks for your input guys... if you have any suggestions on what to do to it, or more info on what it used to look like, let me know!

minibikefever

must have been a stay at home virus going on when that was built and whoever put the front suspension together had the virus bad. any mini bike that makes you stop and look at it is worth fixing, good luck and don't hit the bumps toooooo fast.