barris trike!!

Here is the teaser pic. I bought the trike. Its in pretty good shape. A few issues... a non original seat, and the downtubes have been re-welded to the head stock. Other than that in good shape. I'm going to do a full resto on it. Just ordered up the paint, candy red over silver metal flake and red base coat. Will re-make an original style seat for it, now that I have a pic of what they came with. I cant wait.

I'll mold in the rough spots and am going to repaint the frame. I'll save what seems to be the original sissy bar pad and make a new seat and pad for it. The chrome is in good shape so i dont think I'll mess with that.

Motor? Just a 2hp B&S in there now. Perhaps a YSR50 engine for it :D.

tomsprops

Man That's Cool ! I would be Extremely careful/cautious of what you change ?! If you change anything at all ?
Besides ,I'll trade ya a Taco for your Enchilada just how it sit's ! :thumbsup:

I would have to agree with Tom...
What you have is classic I'm sure you don't need me to tell you this..
If you do change things keep all original parts.
Just my 2cents

nothing that not undoable. bondo for the modling, the rest is just paint. i'll keep the original sissy bar pad to preserve it and make a new one to use. The seat is non-original, but I'll save it as well and make a new one. The chromed bits are good enough to not mess with.

Nothing is going to get welded to it, or cut off.

Pretty easy resto.

I'll mold in the rough spots and am going to repaint the frame. I'll save what seems to be the original sissy bar pad and make a new seat and pad for it. The chrome is in good shape so i dont think I'll mess with that.

Motor? Just a 2hp B&S in there now. Perhaps a YSR50 engine for it :D.
keep the engine original please, this is a find!!!

I was kicking myself for not buying it the first time I saw it. Then I was determined to buy it the next time i saw it, but then had to walk away when I did see it. I just have too much of this stuff.

BTW, do I sense an English accent?

I was kicking myself for not buying it the first time I saw it. Then I was determined to buy it the next time i saw it, but then had to walk away when I did see it. I just have too much of this stuff.

BTW, do I sense an English accent?
No english accent. Born in Illinois. :D

One thing about the trike's rear axle every parts is still being sold. very cerious about the u shaped part on the front end and the hanging down part just behind it. Is that a mount and stabilizer for a fender ?
Steve :scooter:

One thing about the trike's rear axle every parts is still being sold. very cerious about the u shaped part on the front end and the hanging down part just behind it. Is that a mount and stabilizer for a fender ?
Steve :scooter:
looks like it was a mount for the front fender, there is one hole on the top.
The trike in the ad (in the original post in this thread) didnt have this. At least I couldnt see it in the ad.

I think this is the nicest find ever on this site. What a great bike. Where did you find it, CA ? INJUNTOM am I reading it right, you could have bought this first ? Where did you see it for sale ?

mybiz

The Barris chops might be worth $$$ personally I don't like the looks. I can see it coming let me have it!:surrender: But if i was to find one myself i wouldn't turn it down if the price was right.

I think this is the nicest find ever on this site. What a great bike. Where did you find it, CA ? INJUNTOM am I reading it right, you could have bought this first ? Where did you see it for sale ?
I could have bought it twice before he did.

And actually, the Taco 55 found is actually probably the coolest find ever on this site. Too bad I couldn't have kept it but I was offered far too much to hang onto it.

I could have bought it twice before he did.

And actually, the Taco 55 found is actually probably the coolest find ever on this site. Too bad I couldn't have kept it but I was offered far too much to hang onto it.
Not really into the Taco's but maybe you can change my mind. What's a 55 look like ?