basic maintenance on 3hp tecumseh

cooking oil, use the extra virgin olive oil for highest rpm's. and propane gas from wal mart.

just kidding, regular ol' motor oil
SAE 30W for summer
SAE 5W-30 for winter.

And regular pump gas.

oldfatguy

Ive never even touched a motor before I just got my mini bike. What kind of oil do I put? Also what kind of gas??
the oil is the most important thing to remember on these engines, my best advise it to change it often ,as soon as it starts to turn black. Check the oil level every time you start it after it's been sitting a while because they will lose some oil as the run. I have seen so many minibike engines worn out simply because someone didn't check or change the oil.

how much oil should i put in? The dipstick is missing on the wingnut cap looking thing. also the guy that had it before me was running 2 cycle oil. Is there anything I should be worried about??

how much oil should i put in? The dipstick is missing on the wingnut cap looking thing. also the guy that had it before me was running 2 cycle oil. Is there anything I should be worried about??
as for oil filling it till its level with the top of the threads works . or 20 oz of oil i think is what it holds .

the guy had 2 cycle oil in the crank case ? what a:censure:dipshit . well its better then nothing :doah:
drain that out and fill it with good oil and change it out after a little bit of running . the rule is 2 cycle oil in 2 cycles and normal oil in 4 cycle engines .