Be careful....Lots of scammers

mustangfrank

I would be very leery of anyone who joins this forum and their first post is a for sale ad (becoming more common lately, it seems). They could be legit but I wouldn't take the chance.
I seem to remember new members couldn't even post classified ads for a set period of time or participation level in other forums I have joined. Not sure if that is the norm or not, (or should be?), this is the first new forum I have signed up for in years.

I seem to remember new members couldn't even post classified ads for a set period of time or participation level in other forums I have joined. Not sure if that is the norm or not, (or should be?), this is the first new forum I have signed up for in years.
This is the only forum I have ever joined so I don't know about any others. That seems reasonable to me and maybe something @Hent should consider, maybe a minimum post count before being allowed to post in the classified section...

sonerenos

This is the only forum I have ever joined so I don't know about any others. That seems reasonable to me and maybe something @Hent should consider, maybe a minimum post count before being allowed to post in the classified section...
I have/still belong to a garden tractor forum where I could not even post pics until I had a certain number of posts..Never bothered me... doing so would be a great Idea and maybe help thin out the new members and their 1 and only post just to sell something.. Great Idea

toomanytoys

Scammers are in our lives every day.

How many scam car warranty calls do you get a day.

I got one today telling me my Amazon card was hacked. I humored it. Guy immediately asked me for all the info off my card. I gave him a fake credit card number off the top of my head, he then asked for the 3 digit code, billing zip, and exp date. Made that up too. He said thanks for confirming sir we will fix those fraudulent charges immediately and hung up on me.

Last week someone posing as the power company wanting a 500 dollar payment to keep my electric on...

Before that it was the IRS telling me I was going to jail if I didn't pay 1500 immediately.

The current situation in the world is just breeding more dishonesty. Our own government is the leader of the dishonesty in the world.

I74

Last edited:

toomanytoys

If anyone says they want paid friends and family they can f off.

Usually if you offer to pay extra for the fee they will stop communicating with you.

In the clutch one I can't understand trying to scam someone for 75 bucks. I'm not gonna get out of bed to only make 75 bucks.

Triley41395

I'll sometimes pay with f&f because most of the scammers don't hang around for 5 or 10 years. I look at the history and decide from there. There are a lot more honest people on here than crooks. But when there first post says they have a deal for you, always use caution and cover your butt.

C'mon it's a measly 2.9% jack the price just a scosh 2 cover it if your deadset on a fixed number.
Been burnt way stupid bad more than once, hope I'm just a weebit wiser for it now...
Why can't people just honor their word...

Sorry I'll get off my soapbox now, just had to thro my .02 cents out there