BE225cc motor?

0D81D4F6-1445-48F5-8402-4559CB610477.jpeg
Anyone know anything about these motors? Living in Alaska I can’t get one of the predator motors without paying over $100 in shipping, but I can pick one of these up for around $200.
I’m curious if I can get any sort of performance parts for one of these motors such as flywheels/rods/pistons/etc.

fhpe77

I've never heard of this company before. Looking at the website, the specsheet/breakdown states that their "225cc" engine has a 68mm bore and a 54mm stroke which works out to be 196cc. Something is not right.

SAS289

It's still a small block. You should be able to get a rod, flywheel and other common parts for it. If you didn't want to use the stock piston you would have to find one to fit the bore which is probably 72 mm.

Best to call somewhere like ARC racing to be sure. Those guys would know.

Would be nice if those become more common. With a little more torque than a 212 you could run it stock and have nice power.

old shed finds

You have to open the box pull it out let us all know if it has a stamped steel valve cover or cast aluminum. .Im sure everyone knows where im going with this..

I would place my 100 bucks down on the fact its a non hemi 212 in different decals and box..

Well I shot Arc a message and their reply was basically to just purchase it, tear it down, and we’ll see if anything fits. I was hoping that they’d know more about them, but that might just be the route I have to go. Sucks that I already ordered $300 worth of parts for a predator motor, only to find out HF won’t ship one to Alaska and I have to buy one through a third party and pay $150+ in shipping to get one here.

delray

here is the problem that you might get when buying that 225 motor. couple people i know local bought a 225cc tilly block then they purchase a arc rod and a after market piston. then went to glue it together and found they had to clear the arc rod between the cam lobes(grind the cam,not good) and also clear the lobes with crankshaft weights. taking more weight off the crankshaft...not good either and the bottom of the piston touch the weights on the crank...not good either. crankshaft was not a tilly225..... either.(after market)
here is the big problem with all of this. the arc rod they use with the after market piston they purchase is much heavier then lets say a tilly 225cc setup.
they never check any weight or balancing. so after couple hrs fighting with it and trying to find out why it had a bad vibration they took it all apart and got a different engine, i believe it was a 212. they did build two of these motors and one is still running and that one he does not ride it much and does have a noticeable virbation in it.
true tilly 225cc motor comes with there own billet rod with a .510 pin bore and a super lite piston and rings and nothing hits anything and is balancing correct. i know there was some people here that piece there 225cc motor together with after market parts too,but never heard back from them or seen them post anything on it?
here is the good news if your crank is the same stroke ..etc and your block is the correct bore...etc.
gopowersports will sell you a tilly rod $130 and the correct tilly piston/pin/rings for $50
that should help fix alot of problems you could run into.

Last edited:
So I picked up one of these motors for my son’s go kart. I knocked off the flywheel and took some measurements from the crank and the ARC predator flywheel I had ordered previously. Appears to be the same taper based off my measurements, and it lines up to the correct depth for the coil.

I haven’t opened up the engine yet to measure crank journal, wrist pin, cam boss, etc. but after talking to ARC it sounds like I should be able to get performance parts from them based off measurements.

BC17C45B-37A5-4CC7-868F-702879D0C18D.jpeg A228ED65-09AA-45C3-831F-0676F6DED621.jpeg