bearing

F.Wood

ok is there any bearing out there for the wheels that won't fry when I am doing 30+mph I keep seeing the ones that rated at 20mph is the max. I need something that can handle more. I am starting to hate going 10 mile away from my home and got to change out the bearing. and it alway the rear bearing that go first. I need something that rated at 20 to 48mph is there anything out there like that?

:helpsmilie:

I was in my local Ace Hardware the other day and they had bearings that looked of a considerably higher quality then even the Asuza Bearings I purchased at Northern tool. Some automotive parts houses also carry high quality bearings. I had one of Northern's bearings disentigrate on installation. I replaced it with the Asuza. Unfortunately I haven't been able to ride since installation.

I got mine off ebay from a lawnmower supplier. It said they were for lawmower, minibike/go cart. I know i go well over 45mph and they work great!!

65ShelbyClone

If they are a universal sealed bearing in a common size(and I suspect they are), then you should be able to get them in a good name brand from a bearing supply. SKF and Timken are some of the best. McMaster.com perhaps as a second choice, but you don't usually know what brand they'll give you.

This is one of the areas where manufacturers try to save money...I read that Harley has stopped using Timken bearings and switched to an imported brand.

Whatever happened to 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'?