BearKat Twister - Build Almost Complete

Hi Everyone,

I have been focusing on my son's Twister while I try to figure out some technical angles with the fat-tire Twister I've been working on... Here's a photo of Luke and the bike with just small assembly details to go. We did the point-less ignition on the B&S motor while we had it apart as well as a carburetor rebuild as well as an oil drain and flush. The motor looked new inside when disassembled. I took the time to properly re-dress the precious and unavailable head gasket and re-configured the throttle linkage to modernize things a bit.

It's a great Phoenix Arizona survivor removed from a cabin in northern AZ after decades of rest... It's amazing how the quality of all of the original components have endured - then again it was in the northern part of the state - not the valley floor furnace :)

I should have photos of fat-tire Twister and some spare motors available coming soon along with the original Tote Gote conversion I posted a while ago..
SonnyBoy & Twister.jpg

Thank you Richard, I appreciate your comments as well as the parts resource.. Have several more to go and didn't want to chance any of the head removals....

Hi All,

Any old and wise solutions to reattaching an original recoil starter/rope unit back to the flywheel/side cover housing once a couple of the stud feet are cracked or stripped out?

I have several complete housings and recoil units and hate to just discard them - they are so cool and nostalgic. I ended up replacing my latest Twister motor recoil (photo below) with a modern replacement unit and not only was it expensive ( $70.00 ) but I had to also trim the crank end off to accommodate the different end bell unit for the recoil to grab and spin for a pull start motion... I have attached a photo of the Twister with the original recoil and side cover...

Of course, any assistance is always appreciated -

Attachments