Bearkat Twister Mini Bike Build

Replaced the old shocks with some brand new ones, and started mocking up the new powerplant, an 8hp Briggs and Stratton.

I got the engine off of a generator, so it unfortunately has a tapered crankshaft, does anyone know where I could find a non-tapered crankshaft to swap out? Or should I have this crankshaft machined to 3/4"?

Attachments

Here's an update on my Bearkat Twister build, It's 95% done, Just need to attach the seat, and the front wheel bearings need replacing. But she's a beast, lots of power with the 8hp Briggs and Stratton. When I first got the motor, I had pulled it off a generator, so it had a tapered crankshaft. I got a correct crankshaft off eBay, and opened the motor up to replace. Also pulled the governor while I was in there. I wanted to use the original carb from the BS, but once I pulled the governor, it kinda messed up the throttle linkage, so I just pulled the linkage and the carb and replaced it all with a VM22 26mm Mikuni knock off from amazon, and it's awesome, super easy to setup and it runs and idles great after slight tuning. But I did have to have a buddy weld up a custom intake manifold, which worked out perfect. Because I switch to the Mikuni, I had to relocate the gas tank, since I wasn't getting any gravity feed for the fuel, the tank petcock wasn't higher than the carb fuel intake. Other stuff I did, new rear shocks, new rear wheel bearings, new tires, new throttle and my custom Mexican blanket seat. Really happy with this build, I love the patina, it's just a loud, dirty, fun bike to ride!

Attachments

Just posting here for archival purposes, I think I found the replacement rubber motor mounts for the bearkat twister...

ordered a set, I'll post updates once I receive.

https://www.truckspring.com/products/Leaf-Spring-Bushing-Harris-Ford__HB-396.aspx
By application that is a rear leaf spring bushing for a 1963 Ford Fairlane. They are half width of the spring so it takes 2 per spring. I am curious to see if these will work as they have a shoulder and it looks like the bike does not. Same bushing was used for years on the rear of all mid sized Ford products. Fairlanes, Falcons, Comets, Mustangs, Cougars, Mavericks and I think Pinto and Mustang Twice's.